Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hunting around and can't seem to find out if this is possible? Ideally I'd like to purchase a specific Geekbadge as a gift for a fellow user & would prefer not to give them the 8 Geekgold to do so themselves.

Is there a way to do this? When I go to buy a Geekbadge it doesn't give me the option and when I look at my Geekbuddies info or profiles there aren't any options aside from giving Geekgold. Perhaps I'm missing something? Perhaps not...

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not possible. You have to tip him the 8 and he has to buy it himself.

This is (so I've been told) to prevent users buying MBs for other users that might find them offensive.
Like that one: mb meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
No, it's not possible. You have to tip him the 8 and he has to buy it himself.

This is (so I've been told) to prevent users buying MBs for other users that might find them offensive.
Like that one: mb meeple

That's a shame

Would be great if we could buy codes that allow people the option to activate them. That way BGG gets their geek gold (back) and the receiver can activate the Geekbadge if they like or leave it... or even pass it on.

mb This was the intended gift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are mb!

I like the idea of buying MB gift certificates meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ron. Hopefully this gains some attention from the right people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could post this in "BGG Suggestions".

Although I remember a few posts with the same topic, so probably it is already on BGG's "Hey, let's do this!"-list meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
PzVIE wrote:
You could post this in "BGG Suggestions".

Although I remember a few posts with the same topic, so probably it is already on BGG's "Hey, let's do this!"-list meeple
Yep, microbadge gifting has been suggested a number of times, this was suggested very recently at Giving microbadges to other users, and in other BGG Suggestions threads such as Allow users to buy Microbadges for their geekbuddies?, Buying microbadges for other users or Gifting Microbadges.

As Ron pointed out, every time microbadge gifting is suggested, concerns over giving badges that the gifted user might find inappropriate or even offensive have been brought up, so if this is ever implemented some kind of mechanism should be used to prevent that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had MB gift certificates in the past...back in the Grundy days. It's not that much different than simply tipping a user, but it does limit the gift to the purchase of a MB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I also like the idea of gifting someone a microbadge coupon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Join The Ravens of VGG- Wyrdstone, Gold & Glory Awaits!
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Me too - a system like the free mircobadges we received around christmas time would work fairly well. I.E purchase a code using your 8 which you can then forward to the person of choice, maybe even with a suggestion such as "wanted to get you a MB and thought you might like to get this one *insert said MB here*" then if the person does not like the suggestion they are free to purchase something else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.