Subject: board change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nagy Peter
Hungary
Balmazújváros
flag msg tools
Hi

Please help me, I would like the board be replaced because it has a lot of tension is broken.
I wrote the FFG has not yet responded to what information should be sent to them? The number game? And when they are officially changed. Hungary is sending replacement boards, or just America??

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Send FFG's customer service an e-mail, and be patient is all I can say, I did the same only two days ago. Their customer service is usually top notch, so they'll take care of you, just practice some patience.

Here's Christian Petersen's (FFG's CEO) reply on the matter:

Flightmaster wrote:
Hi All,

It has come to our attention that some of the game boards from the initial shipment of the AGOT 2nd edition Board Game have a mis-cutting issue on one of the game board panels. This issue may result in one of the two lenght-wise seams on your game board to become slightly elevated when placed on the table, instead of lying perfectly flat as expected.

This is not a warping problem, but rather the result of a panel being cut through a tiny amount too little (less than 1/50th of an inch incorrectly). Due to this mis-cut, unfortunately, the panel may apply a small amount of undue pressure when the board is laid out for gameplay, causing a slight lift.

While only affecting a portion of the printing, it seems enough customers are affected by this issue to warrant a notification above and beyond our normal customer service means:

FFG wants you to have the best material possible when you purchase our games. I sincerely apologize if your copy of the AGOT 2nd edition Board Game may be experiencing this cutting problem. If so, please email FFG at customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com. We will gladly send you a new game board at no cost to you.

As it is not possible to spot this cutting problem with the naked eye, we have ordered a batch of replacement boards. This shipment is expected to arrive at FFG sometime in the beginning of January, and we will be sending out any requested replacement boards then. Thanks for your patience in this.

Best Wishes

Christian T. Petersen
CEO
FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of which, have people started receiving their replacement boards yet or is it still too early?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say wait a few days, maybe even up to a week. If you do not hear back from FF's customer service, email them again. Do not forget to include your proof of purchase number!

I actually sent a request in for a new board on Monday (MLK day, a holiday in America). If FF had their offices closed that day I am sure they are a little behind on their emails, because of the three day weekend.

Thanks for reposting that message Kris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them in early December and received my form-letter email on December 9th. It's slightly different than this newer message--here's the main difference.

Quote:
As it is not possible to spot this cutting problem with the naked eye, we have ordered a new batch of replacement boards. This shipment is expected to arrive at FFG at the beginning of January, and we will begin shipping the requested replacement boards then. We will follow-up with an email when we begin sending the boards out.

Emphasis added. I haven't received any word since, which I'm not happy about--I was just about ready to start posting on the topic here myself! You'd think in the last 1 1/3 months they might at least give people a status update, especially since that email makes it sound like we'd hear back from them in early January.

On the plus side, I had my first game on the board last Saturday and despite the warping, it played fine. Once the game got underway, I don't think anyone even noticed anymore. And there were no issues with cardboard chits sliding around, or armies spontaneously routing themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that letting the top right sit slightly overlapped on the top left, instead of having the two sides of the split sit flush, meant it didn't warp further down the board, so you only have that slight raised part up the top right instead of two big hills in the bottom half.

Having said that, after making it sit flat when I first got it (not knowing it was a known fault), when I packed it up a small piece of the surface tore where the two sides of the split meet due to the extra tension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D'Amico
United States
Milford
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email about a week or so ago apologizing for the delay and stating their customer service department was being restructured or some such thing and that's why they haven't gotten back to me yet. But still no real status update on when the new board will ship out.

And I never sent them my proof of purchase number and they didn't ask for it.

I had a similar issue with my copy of Dust where the printed glossy sheet was peeling away from the cardboard on one of the map pieces. They sent a replacement piece out without asking for a proof of purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.