Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Influence action - can you throw it away just to col turn ships over? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Howard

Newmarket
Suffolk
msg tools
mb
Morning all

Title says is all really. A friend of mine wondered if he could use the influence action when there wasn't a hex he could influence. He had already used all three colony ships and wanted to place more population cubes so he was happy to select the influence order and not place or move any influence discs in order to be able to turn two colony ships face up.

The wording in the rules didn't seem to allow this, so we didn't let him , but I'm notoriously bad with rules so I thought I'd check.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
You can. All actions can be done partially if wanted. Also note that the rules say "up to two Influence Discs". Zero is thus also valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's a perfectly legitimate use of the Influence action, your friend was screwed

And of course he can, once he's flipped the colony ships, use them immediately if he wants (and has available population spaces).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
resole wrote:
Morning all

Title says is all really. A friend of mine wondered if he could use the influence action when there wasn't a hex he could influence. He had already used all three colony ships and wanted to place more population cubes so he was happy to select the influence order and not place or move any influence discs in order to be able to turn two colony ships face up.

The wording in the rules didn't seem to allow this, so we didn't let him , but I'm notoriously bad with rules so I thought I'd check.

Cheers

You definitely can just use it to turn two Colony ships over.

Edit: Double Ninja'd! ninjaninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Howard

Newmarket
Suffolk
msg tools
mb
Cheers folks,

He won by 12 clear points anyway so it didn't slow his game down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.