Popular Tags: [View All]
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we have the Olympics, and we have the Para-Olympics.

You know what we really need? Enhanced Olympics.

By which I mean a version of the Olympics where the Athletes are allowed to take performance enhancing drugs. Modern athletes use all sorts of science to enhance their performance already, special diets, special shoes, special swimming costumes. Why not just go that one step further and allow a category of Drug Enhanced. It would be totally awesome. Imagine watching some guy run 100m in 3.5 secs. Or Bench 800kgs.

And while we are at it, should they be allowed to use special shoes? Shouldn't there be a Olympics aprroved Trainer to even the playing field. Same with swimming costumes, maybe even training regimes.

Ok, there are risks involved, but loads of sports involve a level of risk. Motorsports, free-climbing, diving, all have risks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. Make them take performance reducing drugs. 100m while high. I'd watch that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Javelin on LSD. What could possibly go wrong?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up to watch the drunken figure skating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Standen
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Duke say "play games"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am totally with you on this.

I also think there should be an F0, like F1 but you can put whatever tech or fuel you like in your car, so long as it isn't dangerous to the other racers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phil_standen wrote:
I am totally with you on this.

I also think there should be an F0, like F1 but you can put whatever tech or fuel you like in your car, so long as it isn't dangerous to the other racers.

That would also be great. I hate the whole thing in F1 where they are only allowed to use X thing. Why bother with a constructors championship if they all have to be the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We had that here in the US with baseball for quite a while. The numbers were inflated and some exciting things happened. It was fun to watch as long as you were willing to put it out of your mind that these guys were slowly killing themselves for our amusement (and millions of dollars.)

Was this an officially sactioned thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find a better clip, since Hulu is blocked up here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolphinandrew wrote:
Nah. Make them take performance reducing drugs. 100m while high. I'd watch that.

Ross "Nickel" Rebagliati tested positive for THC after winning gold in snowboarding during the Nagano games.

They initially stripped him of the medal, but gave it back when they noticed THC wasn't on their list of banned substances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.