Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Dropez
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
I would rather be here
badge
Auda will come to Aqaba because it is his pleasure...
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody played this game with more than 6 players? Is it playable?

I'm doing this question because it seems the order of movement determination could make it difficult. If someone has played it with more players without problems I would get another copy to play the game with up to 12 players, 6 per side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be able to do that but then you would need to create additional counters to cover all the possible eventualities of everyone spotting everyone.

Unless, you choose different approach. One pilot can only target (keep eye on) only 3 planes at any given time. Eg. You would spot as before but you would be limited to focus on only three opponent planes at any one turn. Create house rule that you start from planes on the areas where sighting is easiest - eg. If you have busy activity in front of you, something may sneak behind you unnoticed.

In this case, you should produce (or, if you have another copy, alter) 3 target (and of course speed, power and altitude) counters for each additional plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible with homemade counters, but not feasible. As you mention, the order of movement issue would slow play.

The biggest problem is it's hard enough to find another experienced KotA player, let alone 5 others (or more). This is not a simple game, and waiting for inexperienced players to move or having to coach new players would further reduce playability, making the others restless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cole
United States
Superior
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
i hate when a CREEP destroys a game's rating because other people enjoy it TOO MUCH!!
badge
My games look COOL with all those yellow stars!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could do it if you had a new extra wide mapboard (home made) because you would then be simulating the whole front of the war and not just an isolated battle. You'd have multiple squadrons simultaneously fighting in their own sectors. The mapboard could not be deep but wide. You would have to employ clouds (house rule). I suppose you could get the same results with multiple games going on. Like the previous guy said, good luck finding the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Dropez
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
I would rather be here
badge
Auda will come to Aqaba because it is his pleasure...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for the replies. Several months ago I decided to keep Blue Max and traded away Knights of the Air. KOTA is a too complex game for big dogfights with casual players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.