Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy and paste of my general announcement.

We were a part of a bigger gaming group that also miniature wargamed and roleplayed. That is not currently happening because halls in our area charge too much for a small group.

So for the last few months I have negotiated with quite a few places about hosting at their cafe's/pubs/hotels. To pretty much mute-ed response.

However as of today I am able to announce that we will be hosting at a cafe dedicated to providing space to our need for boadrgaming alone. No other gaming going on around us. For us this is fantastic news and something we will be able to scale up into a bigger event for players in the area. The chap who runs the store has even set up an Esdevium account to enable us to purchase games in the area without having to purchase online.

Hopefully we may see a few more faces in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to the Juicafe for this announcement.

As of this coming Wednesday I will be hosting a boardgaming evening each week at their establishment in Lancaster. Starts at 6:30pm until 10pm. Obviously you can turn up before hand to refresh yourself after work ready for the evening of gaming.

Feel free to turn up whenever you can make it. It would be nice if we knew you were coming in advance but it isn't necessary.

Let everyone you know who may be interested in boardgaming all about this event.

Olly who runs the store is able to take orders for all the available boardgames too, so no more need to only be ordering from the internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.juicafe.co.uk/

53 Market Street
Lancaster, LA1 1JG

http://g.co/maps/js3x4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Neil. All the best with the new location, always great to see another club in the North West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceridwen Copping
msg tools
Hi Neil, how do I find out more? What sort of games do you play? I love strategy games, 'Settlers of Catan', 'Carcasonne' etc.
Also what evening do you meet at the Juice Cafe and is this still happening?
Ceridwen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ceridwen.

Yes we still run.

Have about 10 regularly from a pool of 25-30 members.

Wednesday evenings at the Juicafe from 6.30. Its all strategy games we play pretty much. Follow this link to facebook to see what we have been currently playing, I update it to say whos won (Added incentive to win)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lancaster-and-Morecambe-Board...

Bit of info for anyone else seeing this post thats local to Lancaster, a few of us are in the middle of arranging a large gaming day for the 18th August. Hopefully something similar to what the Great chaps in Bolton sort out. So if theres also any stores seeing this and would like to sponsor the event for prizes of some sort PM me your interest as Lancaster has nothing in the way of gaming stores. Closest been Manchester.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a gaming day organised there's a good chance of a visit from The Liverpool Lion Boardgamers (who drink in The Ship and Mitre). We had 9 at Bolton, 8 at Stabcon and frequently roam around The North and Midlands to drink your beer and play your games. If you set up a thread in the England forum for this event I'll see it, and so will The Bolton GNOMEs who might come along as well. There's also a Kendal group (I've no information) who appear in Bolton, so you should get support from the NW gamers in general. I'm extra keen as I went to Lancaster Uni around the time of the 30 Years War, so I might make it a few days visit.

You're unlikely to get a shop giving you much to help run an event anywhere, the best you will get is a shop turning up to sell games. With the travel expenses and difficulty of shifting large numbers of games, shops are only going to visit the big events like MidCon, Manorcon and Stabcon with a stall. The GNOMEs had Shire Games (Stoke) along last time, but they just delivered games that had been ordered and supplied a few as prizes. If this is what you want then FanBoy3 in Manchester might come, but they are the most expensive place I know to buy games.

Speaking of Shire, they hold a weekend event in Stoke on 10th and 11th August, so it would help your numbers if you avoided that Weekend and the adjacent ones (some people value their marriage over consecutive gaming weekends, pathetic isn't it).

Good luck with the club and the all-dayer, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll create the event when I have a venue fixed down, have about 3 to choose from in the area.

Don't want to just create something that is already happening. Wanted to do something different enough to draw peoples attention to us. So I will be creating the event to make as much money as possible for Prostate Cancer. Hopefully the venue and food people will lower their costs and a few stores/esdevium/publishers may give us some items as raffle prizes.

Thanks for all the words of advice, as I'm aware these events cannot be just ran and created by one person. I'm all ears for every bit of help and I'll keep you informed of the details as they arise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.