Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for at least a couple of years. I also have used Adobe Acrobat Standard for the same amount of time.

Up until recently, whenever I open a window on the desktop to view files, if I click on a pdf file, a preview thumbnail would always show up in the details pane at the bottom of the window.

But now I've noticed that when I click on pdf files, the preview thumbnail is no longer shown, instead it's just the generic icon for Adobe pdf files.

I haven't changed any settings (at least purposely) and haven't installed anything new on my computer. I checked the "View" settings under the Folder options, and "Show icons instead of thumbnails" is NOT checked.

So I have no idea why this has happened. Anyone have any ideas...?

Thanks for any and all input,
jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a work pc or home? If work, there are all sorts of amusing things your sys admins can do with policies and perms. My Adobe Reader has been trying to update unsuccessfully for two years now even though I am an admin on my own box. I gave up on that ages ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Is this a work pc or home? If work, there are all sorts of amusing things your sys admins can do with policies and perms. My Adobe Reader has been trying to update unsuccessfully for two years now even though I am an admin on my own box. I gave up on that ages ago.

It's my pc at home, I'm not connected to a server...

Thanks,
jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.