Crude: The Oil Game» Forums » News

Subject: Latest news from SG's newsletter (19 January, 2012) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Stronghold Games January Newsletter

Happy New Year! Welcome to the Stronghold Games January Newsletter!

The Year 2012 is here, and despite some ancient predictions of doom and gloom, Stronghold Games is predicting fun and excitement! Have you made a resolution to play more games with family and friends this year?

This month we have important news on some of our upcoming games including Crude: The Oil Game, Lost Temple, and Revolver.

In addition, be sure to check out a little sneak peek of Crude: The Oil Game as it boldly steps out onto a modern stage.

Our customers know that Stronghold Games wishes to keep them informed of the most up-to-the-minute release dates.

We feel that an informed customer is a happy one, and Stronghold enjoys some of the most informed customers in the industry.

Often this can mean, however, that schedules are subject to change, and so we make it a priority to let our customers know when such things happen.

To this end, we have the following updates to share:

Crude: The Oil Game is delayed once again. We now expect a shelf date of June 2012, which would mean that the preorder would begin in May.

The reason for this added delay continues to be the lovely plastic pieces. While beautiful, they are also quite complicated and the preparation for the manufacturing process can sometimes be a "two steps forward, one step back" situation. Our consistent goal remains placing priority on quality over speed, and so we are forced to make the decision to delay the release.

--

Sneak Peek at Crude: The Oil Game!

We are getting very excited for the upcoming release of Crude: The Oil Game (a.k.a McMulti). As many of our customers know, this game has been at the top of the want list for many gamers for a very long time, and only the high cost of the previous editions have stopped the game from reaching all those who wish to own it.

The wait is almost over! And to tide you over until June, we have prepared a look at some of the components in the new edition of Crude.

Above, of course, you can see the box cover for Crude, showing off the player (you) about to make an important decision for the future of your modern oil company.

The next image shows off the new Economy Cards - these are the heart of the economic system in the game.

[see image of Economy Card]

The Economy cards have been slightly reworked in the new version of Crude in order to better-resemble the modern economy. Whereas the original version of Crude did a great job with the high-inflation era of the 1970s, this version of Crude has an economy which can be robust or extremely fragile depending on just which path the economy takes. Of course, this makes for a very replayable game too!

Next we have the new News Cards for Crude.

[see image of News Card]

Fans of previous versions of Crude will recall the News Cards and the interesting differences it can create from game-to-game. In the new version of Crude, this is still the case, though the news items have been updated to reflect the modern setting.

The card above, for example, represents a sudden shortage of oil on the Foreign Market, and if the situation persisted, players might find the shortage of oil causes the price for oil to go through the roof!

Please keep an eye on our newsletter as we bring you some additional sneak peeks at Crude: The Oil Game in the coming months before the release of the game in June.

And of course, watch for the start of the preorder for Crude in the 2nd Quarter of the year!

--

Finally ...

Release-O-Meter

The Release-O-Meter knows all!:

Crude: The Oil Game (a.k.a. McMulti)

Preorder Starts: April-May 2012.

Retail: June 2012

Meter Says: Further delays are possible, but once plastic sculpts/molds are complete, the chance of a delay should decrease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed that there is another delay but I appreciate how open and communicative they are. I am really looking forward to pre-ordering this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.