Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok say Team A is on Offense and Team B is on D.

Each Player Runs a Play.They handle the result. They now discard played cards burn necessary play cards (If needed). They are now down to 7 cards each.

Do they each draw a card from deck to replenish to 8. Question 1 or do you only have 7 plays to get into the endzone. Logically this doesn't make sense and you keep drawing cards and keeping the drive alive.

Also when change of possesion occurs when Team A and B switch decks do they shuffle the unplayed deck into the cards that they had in their hand and than draw 8 new cards.

Or do they take the cards in their hands hand it to the player and he starts with those and draws up to 8 cards.

I would think add it to deck and reshuffle giving 8 new cards.

Clarification Please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg T
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both teams replenish their hand back to 8 after a 1st down has been made. Until that happens, you play with whatever you have in your hand.

After a change of possession, I don't know what the official rule is, but I've always played it just to give a quick shuffle on each deck just so each side doesn't know what may be coming right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank DiLorenzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chaosburger wrote:
Both teams replenish their hand back to 8 after a 1st down has been made. Until that happens, you play with whatever you have in your hand.

After a change of possession, I don't know what the official rule is, but I've always played it just to give a quick shuffle on each deck just so each side doesn't know what may be coming right away.

Uh, nope, that is INCORRECT. The correct way is to replenish to 8 cards after EACH play, so each would draw a card. To play in the manner you are suggesting would leave the teams with a terribly limited playbook.

On the change of possession, each player drops their hand of cards onto their deck, shuffles it in and then exchanges decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I played right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmb
Huh. Then I completely misread / misinterpreted the rulebook.

rnrgames wrote:
chaosburger wrote:

Uh, nope, that is INCORRECT. The correct way is to replenish to 8 cards after EACH play, so each would draw a card. To play in the manner you are suggesting would leave the teams with a terribly limited playbook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg T
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbriel wrote:

rnrgames wrote:
chaosburger wrote:

I blame you then, since you taught me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dbriel wrote:

You're not alone, I did too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brutusbear wrote:

Each Player Runs a Play.They handle the result. They now discard played cards burn necessary play cards (If needed). They are now down to 7 cards each.

Do they each draw a card from deck to replenish to 8. Question 1 or do you only have 7 plays to get into the endzone. Logically this doesn't make sense and you keep drawing cards and keeping the drive alive.

Also when change of possesion occurs when Team A and B switch decks do they shuffle the unplayed deck into the cards that they had in their hand and than draw 8 new cards.

Or do they take the cards in their hands hand it to the player and he starts with those and draws up to 8 cards.

Clarification Please

You mention burning play cards (plural). I think only the offense burns a card from the top of their deck. Defense does not burn cards, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank DiLorenzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
emcher wrote:
brutusbear wrote:

Clarification Please

You mention burning play cards (plural). I think only the offense burns a card from the top of their deck. Defense does not burn cards, I think.

Correct! Defense never burns cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.