Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"The tank driving adventure is an approximately 3 to 4 hour, hands on military vehicle historical experience that includes an introductory tour, history, training and the opportunity to drive two tanks! If you’re looking for the ultimate adventure, you can add a car crush to your package."
http://driveatank.com/

video report:
http://money.cnn.com/video/smallbusiness/2011/12/07/sbiz_dri...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that looks damn fun!

I knew Minnesota must have *something* going for it!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That's only a couple hours away, I'll have to check it out in the spring.

Thanks for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
I was planning on not visiting the USA.
Now you made me change my mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
If Octavian is ever hauled before the Tribunal of Angry Grogs for the crime of 'Grand Sub-Forum Splitting with Intent' this thread will be exhibits A-Z of his defence.

He'll walk no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar venture here in southern Alberta; a fellow had a cast-off British Army tank. The idea was to rent it out as a corporate retreat style event - you blow off steam by cruising the tank around on the guy's acreage for 30 minutes or so. A car crush was not, as far as I know, a part of the program - would have been expensive, I think. I'm not sure what ever became of it or how long the program lasted.

Other military-themed corporate events seem to have been more popular. Our reserve unit helped with the "corporate challenge" a few years running - specifically, a military style obstacle course (which was really not as difficult as a real military obstacle course for obvious reasons). I believe one of our warrant officers would take a couple NCOs out to a nearby park, take some helmets and rucksacks and make the corporate types do a dash of so many metres with all the gear on, as one of the many events in the corporate challenge. All good fun, and for charity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dream job ~ "Need to demolish a house in the US? Rent a tank"
vid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17944376
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
I was planning on not visiting the USA.
Now you made me change my mind!

You can experience something similar a bit closer to home.
http://www.treatme.net/driving-experiences/tank-driving?gcli...
I imagine most countries will have similar packages too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Barnett-Lewis
United States
Hayward
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been a tanker in the American Army, it's passing strange to see all that British armor (or is that Armour? devil ) in the middle of Minnesota. Be much more fun if it were an old M60. But the US will only allow them to be either scrapped or made into non-mobile VFW gate guards... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
As a scout in the USMC, I had to learn to drive LAVs and Abrams as a contingency and it was like driving a big shitty truck through a periscope. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. Now, if they let me shoot the MA at some old cars, I'd pay them double whatever they are charging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
You can experience something similar a bit closer to home.
http://www.treatme.net/driving-experiences/tank-driving?gcli...
I imagine most countries will have similar packages too.

These prices are so cheap, snagging a supersaver flight would prob. =/< the U.S. tank package alone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wlewisiii wrote:
Having been a tanker in the American Army, it's passing strange to see all that British armor (or is that Armour? devil ) in the middle of Minnesota. Be much more fun if it were an old M60. But the US will only allow them to be either scrapped or made into non-mobile VFW gate guards... soblue

circa 1976, you could BUY your very own decommissioned Hetzer from Switzerland!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
As a scout in the USMC, I had to learn to drive LAVs and Abrams as a contingency and it was like driving a big shitty truck through a periscope. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. Now, if they let me shoot the MA at some old cars, I'd pay them double whatever they are charging.

Almost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A true "historical experience" would include 10 hours of maintenance, and two hours of radio watch in the middle of the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Barnett-Lewis
United States
Hayward
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 wrote:
A true "historical experience" would include 10 hours of maintenance, and two hours of radio watch in the middle of the night.

Not to mention repairing the thrown track which is all to easy to happen crunching that car. One of, if not the, worst nights of my life involved 2 tracks thrown to the inside, rain & lots of mud at Hohenfels, FRG... yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 wrote:

...and complaining about the lousy cel phone signal at the TC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.