Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
Who's gone out and measured all the plano boxes to figure out which one holds all the resource counters (don't care about the clergymen or the resource meeples) without any overflow, and still fits nicely in the game box with the rest of the components?

Post the plano box number below, if you please! Photos would be delightful - but if you don't post a photo a few words about how well / not well your choice fits would be right nice.

A geekgold tip (is that the going rate these days?) to the best/first/whatever posting.

Thanks.

Edit: and the other storage solutions are pretty bitchen too. Nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Avatar
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
It's not Plano, but it is the same thing I use for Le Havre...the variously-sized removable boxes make it handy and flexible.

http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/details/catalog/jewelry-...

You do need to sub in another set of 6 small boxes, for the 2 long compartments:

http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/details/catalog/jewelry-...

Michael's has apparently started carrying these, and historically JoAnne has carried them in some stores.



4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
I actually bought 2 of these for Le Havre (think this was the size):

http://www.michaels.com/Bead-Landing-Box-Plastic-50mm/bd1048...

They all screw together and are the exact size of the storage building spaces on Le Havre. So when I play that I just need to unscrew them and put them on the appropriate space.

I am probably going to get some more for OeL. Just unscrew the stack and lay them out within reach.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Fender
United States
Vandalia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
I do the "Plano"

Plano model 2-3650-02 5-20 compartment is what I am currently using for this game. It fits the box nicely and holds all components in a nice neat orderly fashion.

Hope this helps!

Aron
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
I made a print-and-fold tuckbox for this game which is in the upload queue and should be available soon. For now, I've only made a box for the basic tile types, but I will probably make a smaller box for the secondary resource types in the next couple days.

In the meantime, I've put it on my website for you to download and try.

http://tomalphin.com/hold/Toms_Ora_et_Labora_Chit_Storage_Tu...

Enjoy!
3 
 Thumb up
1.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated by me (and probably other folks as well)

fender1499 wrote:
I do the "Plano"

Plano model 2-3650-02 5-20 compartment is what I am currently using for this game. It fits the box nicely and holds all components in a nice neat orderly fashion.

Hope this helps!

Aron


Does this one allow you to store all the counters without any overflow? Just doing a quick google search, it looks like it might be a bit tight and some of the counters won't fit! But it's hard to tell without actually trying...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
Mools wrote:
I actually bought 2 of these for Le Havre (think this was the size):

http://www.michaels.com/Bead-Landing-Box-Plastic-50mm/bd1048...

They all screw together and are the exact size of the storage building spaces on Le Havre. So when I play that I just need to unscrew them and put them on the appropriate space.

I am probably going to get some more for OeL. Just unscrew the stack and lay them out within reach.


Do these guys fit back in Le Havre with all the other stuff in there as well? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
henrysunset wrote:
I made a print-and-fold tuckbox for this game which is in the upload queue and should be available soon. For now, I've only made a box for the basic tile types, but I will probably make a smaller box for the secondary resource types in the next couple days.

In the meantime, I've put it on my website for you to download and try.

http://tomalphin.com/hold/Toms_Ora_et_Labora_Chit_Storage_Tu...

Enjoy!


How do you ensure that the tokens don't fall out when if the box gets turned upside down, etc.? (due to the lack of a lid...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OK, boys, you know what I want: the Plano Box number for this game
What a sexist thread title . . . whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed a lid also, but didn't include it in this first version of the template. Until I made the lid, I simply put the box into a ziploc bag and sucked out all the air. With no air, everything stayed perfectly in place.

Expect an update in a couple days w/ a lid and second box for the other resource types.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
henrysunset wrote:
I designed a lid also, but didn't include it in this first version of the template. Until I made the lid, I simply put the box into a ziploc bag and sucked out all the air. With no air, everything stayed perfectly in place.

Expect an update in a couple days w/ a lid and second box for the other resource types.

Awesome. Made my box tonight, and it looks great. It's my first tuck box...I just wasn't satisfied with my other storage options.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Awesome. Made my box tonight, and it looks great. It's my first tuck box...I just wasn't satisfied with my other storage options.


very cool! Did everything make sense and go together right? If you don't mind, can you share a photo? (The one I made is a prototype and doesn't have the nice coloring, etc...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
henrysunset wrote:
Quote:
Awesome. Made my box tonight, and it looks great. It's my first tuck box...I just wasn't satisfied with my other storage options.


very cool! Did everything make sense and go together right? If you don't mind, can you share a photo? (The one I made is a prototype and doesn't have the nice coloring, etc...)


Here it is:

(I have the starting basic tiles in the player bags so there is more room in each column than what the box was designed for...)
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Fender
United States
Vandalia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No overflow and room for the wooden player pieces "clergymen" as well as the wonder tiles. They fit nicely in the box and each section still has room for additional resource tiles if needed.

I use a slightly smaller Plano box for Le Havre. I use Plano model 3500 and that is a 5-9 section box. That hold all the resource tiles easily however I do have the francs stored separately in a small bowl so that they can be passed around the table.

I think that I might need to make a geeklist of all the Plano boxes I use for games (with pictures, of course).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bedell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fender1499 wrote:
I think that I might need to make a geeklist of all the Plano boxes I use for games (with pictures, of course).


Please do!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Mools wrote:
I actually bought 2 of these for Le Havre (think this was the size):

http://www.michaels.com/Bead-Landing-Box-Plastic-50mm/bd1048...

They all screw together and are the exact size of the storage building spaces on Le Havre. So when I play that I just need to unscrew them and put them on the appropriate space.

I am probably going to get some more for OeL. Just unscrew the stack and lay them out within reach.


Do these guys fit back in Le Havre with all the other stuff in there as well? Thanks!


Yeah, they are shorter than the box and small enough to fit nicely inside. Although, as a result, they do roll around inside the box. But I've had the game for a while now and haven't had the rolling cause any problems to the other contents inside.

I actually got the idea from BGG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/424146/le-havre . I only use them for the resources, though, so I only have 8. Two stacks of 4 is what I bought. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact width.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded a new picture with my storage solution. I used the advice of Fender and went with the Plano 3650 (4 dollars). You can see it in the gallery or just take a gander here. All pieces and cards made it in with no problems or squishing.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded a version with the second box and with lids. It will be on the site soon. In the meantime, you can download it here: http://tomalphin.com/hold/Toms_Ora_et_Labora_Chit_Storage_Tu...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my photo submitted to the gallery was rejected....

Reasons: 50% wrong gallery (I put it in "game" when I guess it was supposed to go in to "creative")

50% "similar".... well, yes, I know that it is similar to other photos but I believe it is the only one that shows a picture of this particular plano box and ALL of the components inside. I'll try upload it again but you see it here I suppose.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
It's not Plano, but it is the same thing I use for Le Havre...the variously-sized removable boxes make it handy and flexible.

http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/details/catalog/jewelry-...

You do need to sub in another set of 6 small boxes, for the 2 long compartments:

http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/details/catalog/jewelry-...

Michael's has apparently started carrying these, and historically JoAnne has carried them in some stores.


Got mine yesterday and they work great!!! Thanks for the suggestion!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.