Subject: CB/GBII rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas M Bauer

Rosemount
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
CB/GBII rules question: I am playing CB/EatG using the rule for variable reinforcements where a die is thrown and 1-2 goes to GBII, 3-4 to EatG, 5 to CB and 6 to the main effort. If there are emergency reinforcements allowed taken from the CB pool, are they automatic or should the die throw apply? Also, if the die throw applies, is the GBII emergency reinforcement pool open for use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Sutton
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug,

The single die roll should also apply to emergency reinforcements. Personally, I wouldn't mix in the GBII emergency reinforcement pool units unless the setup for the Case Blue / EatG map setups also lists them. If you don't own GBII, you probably would be missing many of these units anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas M Bauer

Rosemount
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
My thought on the GBII emergency reinforcements being available is that on a roll of 1, 2 or 6 the CB unit goes to GBII so the opposite should logically apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Sutton
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that the table supplies repls for all fronts - GBII / Army Group Center, EatG / Army Group B, CB / Army Group A, with one of those fronts having a little extra support (the Schwerpunkt). The simple subtraction (in the RAW) or the additional single die roll (the optional rule) is there to reflect the fact that, even without the GBII mapset in play, Army Group Center is still using repls, and therefore the southern groups don't get repl numbers as if AGC didn't exist - the total East Front output has to be reduced. So the 1, 2, or 6 is not a CB unit going to GBII - that unit never was a CB unit in the first place.

As far as what emergency reinforcements are available, the scenario setup should govern. If the EatG or CB mapset setup (specifically) tells you to include the GBII emergency reinforcements, go for it. Otherwise I'd leave them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.