tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
head on over and check it out!

http://www.dicetowernews.com/quarmageddon-preview-a-dice-tow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good find! I'm excited for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
OOH! Great stuff! Thanks for the posting!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
wow the culling roll really changes the game...will have to play a game with those rules and see how it goes. and ill be the first to say that the knome guys is nutty...o your big wizard, overlord or dragon kills my stuff? its dead too...have a good day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWynner wrote:
wow the culling roll really changes the game...

I played with the new culling variant for the first time last night. I liked the game before; now I like it quite a good deal more. Great addition! I tend to think others will agree, especially those who had big problems with the culling rules as they stood. Bravo wizkids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
i can see you having to make a bit more better engines to get the big critters more efficiently since you will have to cull them away in order to score with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWynner wrote:
i can see you having to make a bit more better engines to get the big critters more efficiently since you will have to cull them away in order to score with them

For sure, and you find yourself making purchases based on what can get you the most bang-for-your-buck glory wise. And sometimes you might purchase other dice with little plans of ever scoring them and instead keep them around for good defense/attack purposes (for instance, the warrior of the quay who grants +1 att./def. to other creatures but is worth only 2 glory).

I should note that we also played with the extra buy variant which I tend to like much better as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
kadorn1007 wrote:

I should note that we also played with the extra buy variant which I tend to like much better as well.

we will have to try that also. theres been a few times that buying a portal die for 8 seemed bad for me so this would fix that a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have it in front of me but I thought the portal die was only a cost of 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blair46 wrote:
I don't have it in front of me but I thought the portal die was only a cost of 4?

He's just saying that it's tough to buy something that costs 4 if you have 8 to spend. Having two buys fixes that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.