Popular Tags: [View All]
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We are now shipping BattleCON to distributors this week...It should hit stores Monday, January 23rd.

If you have trouble getting it from your local retailer, please let us know.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya-hoooooo! ( That kind of sounded a bit hick-ish didn't it?? )

Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that include Canada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:

Our company works with distributors and retailers all over the world...including Canada!

Best,
Aldo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For those of us who pre-ordered, was it already shipped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Our company, Impressions, only handle the distributor and retailer sales...it is something Brad from Level99 can answer...though I can tell you that we shipped the bulk inventory to him to use to ship out the preorders and those were received by Level99 this past week.
Best,
Aldo

MarkyX wrote:
For those of us who pre-ordered, was it already shipped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
palmerkun wrote:

Our company works with distributors and retailers all over the world...including Canada!

So it should hit shelves in Canada around the same time.
Excellent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.lvl99games.com/?cat=1

They were shipping pre-orders* yesterday. I don't know if that means they got them all shipped or not. I have not received a status update nor tracking number, nor do I know if I will.

*using this term generically to represent pre-orders or kick starter orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received a notice email of my kickstarter being shipped either. It was mentioned that we would get notice when it was though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to get a confirmation. Especially since I'm in Germany and have to wait 2-4 weeks for the game (according to reports on the Internet about the Usps).

But I can understand if they send the confirmations after shipping all games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
We are starting shipping today. Domestic orders will get confirmations and tracking, but International orders will be going First Class Mail (slower and w/o tracking), so you will just get an email that says we sent it.

If you want to upgrade your shipping to priority with tracking, please PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I do not want to even know how much that costs As long as I'm a student I have to use the cheaper option. (And to be honest, international tracking is sometimes pretty inaccurate, the only real advantage that I see are the speed and the inurance )

But I would appreciate an email confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
We are starting shipping today.

This is very disappointing Brad.
You only start shipping preorders the same day the games reach store shelves? That will leave a sour taste in a lot of mouths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

You only start shipping preorders the same day the games reach store shelves? That will leave a sour taste in a lot of mouths.

Agreed. If the expansions orders are going to be fulfilled in the same fashion as the base game, with them being on shelves before sent out to preorders, I'll just wait until it's available. No sense in preordering if I actually get the game slower than retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dopehatman wrote:
No sense in preordering if I actually get the game slower than retail.

Doubly so when paying a premium on that preorder.
I plunked down my 40 for BC... but I could get it from CoolStuff for $27, and arrives here about the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
Doubly so when paying a premium on that preorder.
I plunked down my 40 for BC... but I could get it from CoolStuff for $27, and arrives here about the same time?

I'm in at $75, I feel your pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I also think that it is a little sad. But do not forget that you get the three promotional chars and that its the first boardgame published by this company. Edit: And you were abel to get the PnP copy for free
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to keep happening with Kickstarted games. Honestly, I like supporting games and doing my little bit to get them published. Also, I understand it's easier for a distributor to ship a crate of games to a store than a crate's worth of games to individual pre-order customers.

That said . . . it's getting old. I Kickstarted a lot of projects in 2011 and I think I'm going to cut that down in a big, big way this year. It's just too much money tied up for too many months for little to no return. Yes, it's nice to get some promo characters -- and yes, I'll support a game I believe in that seems to need the support -- but it's really getting old.

It's also possible the last couple Kickstarter games I've received were downright terrible games. Teach me to buy games without reading a couple reviews . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
dopehatman wrote:
palmerkun wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Agreed. If the expansions orders are going to be fulfilled in the same fashion as the base game, with them being on shelves before sent out to preorders, I'll just wait until it's available. No sense in preordering if I actually get the game slower than retail.

Unfortunately, all I can do at this point is apologize. Unless you're WOTC, Wizkids, or Fantasy Flight, you can't really tell stores not to put your game on sale once they get it. It's the nature of the distribution chain, which is why you see it with so many kickstarter and small press games.

I've tried to do what I can to make pre-orders worthwhile by guaranteeing the bonus characters and giving out the Print and Play well ahead of distribution, but that's all that's really in my power to do as a small publisher. I have done and am doing what I can to give the preorders something extra that they can't get via CoolStuff or Thoughthammer.

All that said, if you're upset, I can understand your feelings and you have every right to be, but I would prefer to chat about it in private rather than in public. Please PM me if you want to discuss this further or if you have some ideas about what else I can do to give an extra bonus to pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not about swag or bonuses or discounts or stuff like that.
It's the appearance of being afterthoughts.

Originally, it was preorders and distro going out at the same time. That was fine.
But now distro has gone out, stock is arriving at stores, and only after things are on shelves do pre-orders BEGIN shipping. That order is backwards.

There's nothing to be done, merely observations to be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I plunked down my 40 for BC...but I could get it from CoolStuff for $27, and arrives here about the same time?"

How much would shipping from CoolStuff be (just for BattleCon, mind you...cool

Just curious because the $40 I plunked down for BC covered my shipping also. I don't recall being assured my order would arrive before the distribution chain got the game either (not that it would have mattered to me in any event).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only a couple days. Yes, I'm dieing to have my copy too... but honestly, after a couple weeks of having the game, I won't care that I got it a little later.

You can't count on kickstarter games to end up at a big distribution house like coolstuffinc/thoughthammer. And congratulations on getting your game distributed there Brad! So, if you start boycotting Kickstarter fine. But the consequence will be that some games you really wanted won't be available otherwise (and I don't know how to tell what will be, so it's a gamble). The other risk is that the game doesn't get funded, and then same problem, you won't be able to buy it at all.

And don't forget, there is argument that stores like coolstuffinc and thoughthammer are hurting the board game industry. Read up on what Walmart did with pickle pricing and you will kind of see the point (not exactly the same, but same general gist). Now, I like these stores and shop from them. But it's a blessing you can get games this cheap. If occasionally you buy one for more, I guess I see that as being OK.

I'll be more dissapointed if I don't like the game than if it's a couple days late. I have high hopes, and it looks fun, but you never know until you try.

I'm not sure Brad could have gotten the games out any sooner. He may have received our copies the same day the big retailers did. In which case this is pretty much right on time. However, I will say that it was implied that games would be shipping last week to individuals (in a different thread than the "shipping to distributors" thread). So that would be a disappointment, but not a huge one.

I believe in the open communication of all. So I do not agree with Brad on censoring this thread and complaining privately. But as an indi publisher with his first big game, I know I would take it personally seeing this thread. My point being Brad, don't take it too hard, but don't expect people not to speak their minds either.

IF you wanted to do something a little extra for the preorder/kickstarter crowd, you could make another 3 promo characters available for download/pnp only by those people. That being said, I generally don't like exclusivity. I think everyone should have access to all content. But that's not how the industry, and not how Kickstarter is going these days. Better would be to give a free pnp mini-expansion to the kickstarter/preorder people, and provide it with the 3 characters we are already getting for a price to other people. Just a thought. I don't really demand this, just brainstorming.

That's kinda just a vomiting on thoughts. I certainly understand everyone's perspective, but I think it's only a minor deal really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally the plan was for the games to go out last week, but it turns out that Ookoodook, the fulfillment agency, was updating shipping software the same day when the games were meant to be shipped, and this delayed them over the weekend. I was as surprised as everyone else when things didn't ship last Friday.

Aldo and I had a long talk about the timing of the release and how we would synchronize the two to get pre-orders shipped ahead of stores, so it was far from an afterthought to me. It's unfortunate that things didn't work out as planned, but it is what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Originally the plan was for the games to go out last week, but it turns out that Ookoodook, the fulfillment agency, was updating shipping software the same day when the games were meant to be shipped, and this delayed them over the weekend. I was as surprised as everyone else when things didn't ship last Friday.

Random happenstance, completely out of your hands?
Well damn, shit happens.

As of now, I am no longer grumpy... just impatient
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's officially available from CoolStuff now
http://bit.ly/zLvcz2
Listing 20+ in stock, lets see how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.