Subject: I have some questions friends! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
asdf fdas
Brazil
North Carolina
flag msg tools
1.If I blow up promethium tank, than, If promethium tank was on left
position, only genestealers on left are killed? or all of left & right genestealers are killed?

2.and In Tyranid Enemy Pack , Lictor's ablitily, what does "flanks" mean?
does it mean "place it behind of marine" ?
I am confused because there is also Rippers's ablity "...and are placed behind the space marines at his new postion"

please help me, friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. position is defined on the last page of the rulebook, meaning the entire line (so yes, both sides would be destroyed)

2. flanking is defined in the rulebook, p.22, meaning to move behind it's space marine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asdf fdas
Brazil
North Carolina
flag msg tools
thank you Tor Sverre Lund!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/642068/official-answers-...

(question #1 should really be in the mission pack 1 forum)

Edit: I stand corrected, question #1 does indeed belong in this forum (I thought question #1 was about "hull breach", an expansion card where there is actually genuine rules ambiguity that is the same as question #1). With regard to promethium tank, the rules are clear. "Position" is a term defined on the last page of the rulebook and means both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
rbelikov wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/642068/official-answers-...

(question #1 should really be in the mission pack 1 forum
Actually the Promethium Tank location came with the Core Game, so the question is in the right forum....

So to throw out a quick response for that question... I've always played that only those Genestealers that are on the same side as the Promethium Tank, goes up in flames. To me that just goes with the flow of differentiating the sets of blip piles, one for each side, kinda.. If that makes sense...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played that today & I played it this way: all Genestealers on both sides of the Blood Angel were killed. The reason? The rules don't differentiate between in front of or behind the Marine. It just says all Genestealers in that positon. To me, that means in front and behind...& if that 0 comes up on the subsequent die roll, the Marine goes up, too. (Oops... surprise )

BTW, I played with a friend & the Genestealers ran all over us... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asdf fdas
Brazil
North Carolina
flag msg tools
thank you friends!
thanks for all of your answers!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever the word "position" is used, it refers to everything to the left and to the right of the specific line it applies to.
Therefore when activating the Promethium Tank card; the effect can be applied to any genestealer swarms to the left and/or right of the said marine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 32 of the rule book states:

Position: A row of the formation that includes a Space Marine and all Genestealers and Terrain cards to the left or to the right of him.

I take that to say left OR right, not left AND right.

So, for each Space Marine, there are 2 positions, left and right which includes all Genestealers and locations to the left and all Genestealers and locations to the right respectively.

If they had intented to have a position be both left and right they wouldhave used AND instead of OR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're confusing the difference between side and position because if it's the way that your saying; then why does it say on Page 12 when describing the Genestealer Attack Phase:
Quote:
A swarm of Genestealers is described as all face up Genestealer Cards on the same side and position of the formation. A swarm is considered engaged with a Space Marine if it is in the same position of the formation (directly to the left or right of the Space Marine card)

and then (on Page 13) the rules go on to say that:
Quote:
Starting with the swarm closest to the top of the formation, each swarm attacks. If 2 swarms are in the same position, the swarm on the left side of the formation attacks first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
Wait, what's that..? FFG has rules that contradict each other??? surprise

Good thing their games are more fun to play than the quality of their rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.