Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Førde
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
in the first edition the confederate player got 5 political points when the union freed the slaves (in the south).

And this was a nice touch since it forces the north to wait until they are way ahead in political points and it sets them back a bit from winning outright and made the game more intereserting in my opinion.

In the second edition rules that my group is trying to use together with my old first edition game this rule is turned around and its the union who gets 5 political points.

I was hoping to get some input to this.

Is this right? And does it not upset the balance of the game?

- Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Slavik
United States
Brecksville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the rule:

[25.5] Emancipation Proclamation
Whenever he has more political points than his opponent, the Union player may issue the Emancipation Proclamation. He simply says, I free the slaves. There are two results to such an event:
The Confederate player gains five political points; and
Any foreign Intervention is eliminated if in effect, and is forbidden in the future.

The rule is the SAME in BOTH editions. The Confederate player GAINS the political Points in BOTH editions.

The ONLY reasons that the UNION Player would issue the Emancipation Proclamation is to either Eliminate the possibility or End Foreign Intervention. (or to show off how many political points he has)

and no, it does not upset the balance. If Foreign Intervention is already in effect, it helps the Union to Focus on getting political points as fast as possible. (so that they can end it)

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Førde
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Lou, I guess I should have reread the rule one more time before reading.

Yes, you are right. The rules as it is, works just fine.

cheers Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.