revoLucian Noneofyourbusiness
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Cato, The Libertarian
Special Abilities:
-Shrug- may take one wound to immediately end combat with a zombie
-Tax Protest-may carry one additional card of any type, begins the game with +1 free random card.
-Virtue of Selfishness- +1 fight dice if no heroes are on the same "L"-shaped tile as him.

"Zombies are a lot like the government, stupid, violent, and tenacious."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the special abilities are not really thought out?
-shrug; if you lose a combat, you have one wound, which is the same result, except your ability makes the character receive a wound automatically? I would prefer to fight normally and have a chance to win/fend off the zombie rather than use this ability.
or do you mean that for this one wound, you end ALL combat? ie when in a space with 2 or more zombies, for one single wound you dont have to fight any of them?

-tax protest; the only card limit is that you cannot have more than 4 items, 2 of which may be weapons, so you mean you can carry an additional item, can it be a weapon or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
revoLucian Noneofyourbusiness
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Shrug enables the ending of a singe fight, it helps out in some rare cases like getting through somewhere, especially in cases where the ZP announces an intent to use a fight card in advance, when carrying an item necessary for the scenario, planting gasoline as well as detonating it in a zombie infested area OR when he gets ambushed when holding a gun or about to acquire one.It has it's uses despite being narrow. he can use it multiple times per turn and can keep moving after cancelling combat.

tax protest can allow the player to carry one additional card of ANY type which my friends and I have been treating as an open space that can be filled with anything, event or item, including weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
then you should put it in the ability that he is allowed to move on, as otherwise ending a fight in itself doesnt allow to move on (see johnny's blitz ability, he is allowed to fight DURING his move phase, once the real "fight" phase starts, you can no longer move).

an event doesnt take a card slot, you can hold as many as you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.