7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Block list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Okay. I have a block list (yes, there are a few BGGers I don't care for, shock, horror).

Some of them occasionally have something decent to say, others not. The former I sometimes find myself asking "why did I block them?". And there's the point of the post - is there a way to note why someone on my block list is blocked? Just so I can remind myself what it was about them or their posts I found so objectionable that I decided not to see them any more.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not allowed to talk about who is on your block list, even to yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh, this is like fight club. We could all get suspended just for posting in this thread.

But, no. There's not a way to do that. Try keeping your notes on something like Evernote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably do kind of a sloppy version of what you want via a private GeekList. Each GL entry could have the userid= tag to show their avatar and then you add your comments.

God help you, though, if you ever mistakenly make it public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps when you block somebody, send a geekmail to yourself with their name in the subject line, and write down why it was you wanted to block 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure, if I've got someone blocked and I can't remember why I originally blocked them, maybe I can unblock them. Having said that . . . hasn't happened yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
I figure, if I've got someone blocked and I can't remember why I originally blocked them, maybe I can unblock them. Having said that . . . hasn't happened yet.

Every once and awhile I look though my block list, and if I can't recall why I blocked them, then I unblock them. Usually I remember, so this has only happened once or twice. There was one user whose avatar bugged me, but they later changed it. I can't describe what it was since that might give away who the user was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.