Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Catan on T V!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Wiegert
United States
Weatherford
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So is anyone else watching them play Catan on Big Bang Theory right now?

The wood for sheep joke just made the leap to prime time!
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
Deadguy wrote:


The wood for sheep joke just made the leap to prime time!



Yay. Hollywood has now caught up to a joke I used to tell in 1998.
18 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BBT is the laser pointer. Nerds are the cat.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the plus side it means that boardgames such as Catan are getting more mainstream if the producers allowed a joke on the show that might be funny to a mass audience.

On another point: has anyone else noticed that the more they follow the romantic plot the less funny the show is?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Lockridge wrote:


On another point: has anyone else noticed that the more they follow the romantic plot the less funny the show is?


Of course it's funny! I hear tons of laughter from the "audience" every few seconds!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockridge wrote:
...the less funny the show is?


The show can be less funny than not funny?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They can throw nerdy references and scientific mumbo-jumbo in there all they want. It is still a Chuck Lorre show, which means it is sub-par comedy with way too much emphasis on sex jokes. (Two and a Half Men?) The novelty of the show faded a long time ago.
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Occupy Boardwalk wrote:
They can throw nerdy references and scientific mumbo-jumbo in there all they want. It is still a Chuck Lorre show, which means it is sub-par comedy with way too much emphasis on sex jokes. (Two and a Half Men?) The novelty of the show faded a long time ago.


I like you.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Occupy Boardwalk wrote:
They can throw nerdy references and scientific mumbo-jumbo in there all they want. It is still a Chuck Lorre show, which means it is sub-par comedy with way too much emphasis on sex jokes. (Two and a Half Men?) The novelty of the show faded a long time ago.


I like you.


Is that a sex joke?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Occupy Boardwalk wrote:
They can throw nerdy references and scientific mumbo-jumbo in there all they want. It is still a Chuck Lorre show, which means it is sub-par comedy with way too much emphasis on sex jokes. (Two and a Half Men?) The novelty of the show faded a long time ago.

Dibs on his soul!

(Gave you a thumbs up for the username. Don't know enough about Lorre shows to know if I agree with your comment)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadguy wrote:
So is anyone else watching them play Catan on Big Bang Theory right now?

The wood for sheep joke just made the leap to prime time!

Oh, yeah... this is

CHIT CHAT!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Deadguy wrote:


The wood for sheep joke just made the leap to prime time!



Yay. Hollywood has now caught up to a joke I used to tell in 1998.

In 1998, Chapel caught up to a joke I used to tell in 1993.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Deadguy wrote:


The wood for sheep joke just made the leap to prime time!



Yay. Hollywood has now caught up to a joke I used to tell in 1998.


maybe you should be more ifluential then
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.