Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it's your turn to send a group shopping, you can simply decline to do so and recover your gold and imps... so why would I ever leave any at home when I'm forming the groups? Even if you plan on using some for entertaining/cleaning/capturing, you can always keep them home when their time comes.

Why not always fill all 6 exits on your board just in case someone leaves you an opening on the main board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always allocate imps to groups as well - it only makes sense as you mentioned and I can't think of a good reason to NOT use them all to create a group of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps its a way to remind yourself you want to clean poop or get gold. I've told myself that I was going to clean poop on the next round, but ended up allocating too many imps to action spaces or filling play needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that there is no good reason to leave them at home to begin with. If you allocate all of them that leaves you a greater tactical flexibility and nothing is lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely the only reason I don't allocate them is to remember I need those imps to fill a Play need for my pets or to capture a pet with too much Anger. I can live with not cleaning a cage or scrounging for gold, but I too easily forget that I need those imps for something crucial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only reason to leave them home is if you already have 6 groups and dont want to add imps to any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Only reason to leave them home is if you already have 6 groups and dont want to add imps to any of them.

That would mean that you do not play with your petz at all ?! I can see you having a cage that fulfills a play need automatically but what if you have more than one play need ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Brettner wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

That would mean that you do not play with your petz at all ?! I can see you having a cage that fulfills a play need automatically but what if you have more than one play need ?
He means that if you plan on using 6 shopping actions, and say 2 home actions, then you need to put them in 8 groups. Sending all the imps out groups them in at most 6 different groups.

Granted, it's not often that one will be able to use 6 shopping actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.