Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: Clipping counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Oleksy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone clipped the counters for FF? Some of the symbols seem to be a little too close to the corners for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've clipped all mine with a pair of scale modelling side cutters and they look great. If you're clipping enough to catch the symbols, then you're clipping too much anyway.

Dive in and get it done soldier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one sheet where printing was slightly offset and I clipped it anyways using the C4. Some redundant information might get lost, but you'll still be able to tell the platoons apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
A standard C4 cut is too deep for the FF:GD counters IMO, for reasons already mentioned. I taped some thin card to the inside of my C4 to adjust the cutting depth. Of course this meant I ended up investing in a new C4 because it was easier than stripping off the tape, but that means I've now got shallow and deep cutting C4s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brader
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to use my C4 unmodified with great results.

One of my counter sheets was significantly shifted, but GMT replaced it right away. I never tried clipping the shifted counters; I don't think it would have worked well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I used the C4 as is and have very good results. No vital information was lost on the corners and the chits look so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.