Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject line pretty much says it all. I'm wondering how this plays with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schmidt
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it three times now with my wife. We both enjoyed the game immensely. While I have not played with more players it doesn't seem to me that playing with more would necessarily add a lot to the game. I kind-of suspect that more players would make caring for your pets a bit more difficult.

In my experience, playing with 2 is fun and seems to give the complete experience of choosing good pets, caring for them, and then trying to sell them for the most points possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice with 2P and twice with 4P (one of which is in the midst of a PBF now), and it plays similarly with both but you'll likely need to bid more aggressively with 4P as there are fewer actions/player. Both ways are excellent games, 2P feels slightly less hectic which for some I imagine makes it a superior game. It is annoying that the neutral imps block so often, limiting choices, but c'est le vie. If it weren't the neutrals, it'd be your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have had a similar experience to the above posters. Our 2 games were tense and extremely enjoyable, but I can see that with 3 or 4 the bidding and competition for actions would be even more harsh and chaotic. But I would be fully satisfied only playing this with 2, and it would still be one of my current favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more inputs: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/745402/is-it-good-with-2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

Huh. I don't know how I missed that. But somehow I managed to. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Knight
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, 2-player is great. Very tight and enjoyable. But with 3 and 4 you have a little more tension over getting stuff on the board. But I really do enjoy playing this game 2-players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eder
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are the gold imps ALWAYS where I want to go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience Dungeon Petz plays better with 2 or 3 players than Dungeon Lords did. The 'wandering imp' mechanic is easier to manage than shuffling random cards. It works great, although I do prefer a 4 player game if I can get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played with 3-4 but I'd think the aggressiveness of bidding would be about the same. There are non-player imps covering up action spaces which kind of force the issue of bidding aggressively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.