Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JUAN OLMO
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the attached hero does not attack, Can he quest without exhausting, Only defend or can he do both in the same turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
From my understanding, the Hero can Quest without exausting himself, allowing to use him as a defender later if needed. (But he can't be used to attack).
Until now, i've always attached the book of Mazarbul to Gimly, which can quest for +2 and absorbe some damages to reinforce his attack power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
JCEE1213 wrote:
I know the attached hero does not attack, Can he quest without exhausting, Only defend or can he do both in the same turn?

Yes, the hero holding the Book of Mazarbul can commit to a quest without exhausting, leaving him (or her) available to defend or exhaust later in the turn. While toting the tome, though, the hero can never attack.

From my experience, characters like Bifur and Frodo Baggins make great Bookkeepers, as they are good at questing and defending but have poor attack values (meaning their attack won't be missed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Holder
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When running two Dwarf decks, I always throw the book on Dain. That way he can quest and contribute 2 extra willpower, while still boosting all the other characters since he is still in the ready position. Also, he's got a 3 shield, so he's a solid defender as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkon Skappel
Norway
Kristiansand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloin is also a good candidate, clearly the best if you don't play with Dain, IMO, and I still prefer it on Gloin if Dain is present, although the math works out pretty close on comparison anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.