Joe W
msg tools
designer
publisher
This Kickstarter project is starting to finish filling in some details, partly through a survey.

Main Page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkwellideas/monster-sta...

About the Project
Monster Stand-Ins are a set of 200 plastic card (same thickness as most credit cards) miniatures of creatures for role-playing games or war games or board games. Use them when you don't have enough miniatures or don't have the right miniature. The plastic makes them more durable than home-printed minis or even cardboard minis and you can freely write on them with a dry erase maker. (Mark conditions, hits taken, "Kobold #9" etc.) They are also more portable and an organizer box is available as an option.

Latest Details
-The project recently went from 160 to 200 minis.
-It also will include 12 game card stands.
-Can order a-la-carte after getting one set.
-A survey was launched for backers to indicate preferences for: stand color(s), background color of the plastic, and what exactly to place on the backs of each mini (silhouette, outline, mirrored front, etc.)
-The latest update also showed all four variants of the lizardfolk creature.

Updates Page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkwellideas/monster-sta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe W
msg tools
designer
publisher
Over 50% of the way to our goal!

Also, I've started a related Kickstarter to create a large monster stock art collection: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkwellideas/monster-sto...

The new project is particularly helpful if you're working on your own game which could use high-quality fantasy monster art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe W
msg tools
designer
publisher
Showing off some new art for the two projects: Monster Stand-ins (plastic card minis) and Monster Stock Art

New art samples/sketches

(The update is on the Monster Stand-Ins section, but the art applies to both)

And here are the two project's main pages:
Monster Stand-Ins (plastic card minis)
Monster Stock Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looked cool. What happened to the project? Why was it pulled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering that myself. This was on my watch list...

EDIT: Apparently it was ended because the guy didn't think it would hit its funding.

Very stupid. There's always a bump in the last two days as people get their "remind me" emails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.