Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read in another forum thread, that you have to hold all objectives in the 1798 scenario Egypt.

But in the rules I read:
Quote:
Victory
Unless a Campaign states otherwise, you win the Campaign when your French Forces Hold all the Objective Areas listed in the Set-Up section.

Some Campaigns have a Victory Condition specified in their Set-Up or Special Rules that does not involve Holding Areas. To successfully complete the Campaign, you must achieve this Condition.

In the 1798 scenario are other victory conditions listet - so, I think I don't have to hold all objectives, and more important: I don't have to trigger the large reinforcement army from the East!

Am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know... I would have expected the last sentence I quoted to end like:
"those conditions, too."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
You must hold the Objectives listed on the map at the end of the campaign to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DanVerssen wrote:
You must hold the Objectives listed on the map at the end of the campaign to win.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Damn, I scooted my forces back to Alexandria to protect it. Leaving other regions I had previously conquered barren.

This makes his mission super hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik L.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh boy...the same happened to me just a few minutes ago...argh! Ok, once more Napoleon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Meltinus
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh no, and I was so proud about my supposed "victory" last night... so I actually have to let one force in every single objective city to "hold" it and it doesn't suffice to conquer them once? That's really brutal. And as I read the rules it isn't even allowed to "buy" garrisons instead of sacrificing mobile forces after october 1798?

edit: I changed my strategy and it worked - with much luck. I sent Napoleon with a force of the four strongest units eastwards, four units and the garrison stayed at Alexandria. I bought as many recruits as I could during the first turns and sent them one for one after Napoleons army to hold the conquered cities. The battle against the Ottomans near Mount Tabor worked without heavy losses (only one hit). Then I tried to return to Alexandria, fullspeed, with forced marches and some lucky dice throws. In May 1799 I got the terribly unlucky 1-2 dice throw and the Ottoman army arrived in Alexandria - with Napoleon and his best troops still one region away and unable to join the battle! The battle between the large Ottoman army and my sub-par garrison and forces in Alexandria was heavy, I lost three units (using only defensive tactics) but ultimately won the battle. The single fleeing Ottoman unit was then hunt down by Napoleon personally (with Dumas) in Damietta. Sweet revenge. What a great game, now onwards to 1800-Italy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.