Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've just published my second quest, this time using the encounter cards from Rhosgobel. If you don't have this adventure pack, no problem, there is a version that uses the core set only.

The quest "Four Seasons" uses 5 new cards, none of which are shuffled into the encounter deck, so its as easy as "print and play". If you do like to create nice new cards using photo papaer, I have provided a second jpg file with the backs of the cards, ideal for double sided printing.

Like Rhosgobel, I have rated the difficulty level of this quest as 6.

Goto www.blackmoor.org.uk/gaming.html to download the quest(s)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've found the quest very challenging, even more than Rhosgobel. And impossible to beat without Eleanor.

Thanks a lot for creating it and providing it online!

We have one question though: What exactly is meant by "spells" of a sphere? We took that to mean all cards, but are wondering whether it maybe only refers to actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elenor is a good idea, I must admit in play testing, I didn't use Elenor, so I know it is possible to beat the quest without her (I was mainly playing my new Dwarf deck but also tried a pure spirit deck), but you will probably need lots of healing if you can't cancel some of the treachery cards.

Your interpretation of "spells of a sphere" was correct, it is intended to stop you casting any spells from your hand that come from a given sphere. I'll see if I can come up with a clearer definition and update the Enchanted Glade cards.

Thanks for supplying feedback, it can be hard to know how well the quest works for other players unless I get feedback here on the forum. Can I ask if you played it solo or multi-player? The quest was designed to scale fairly well for multi-player, the dragon in particular could become a threat that needs to be addressed, whereas in solo he can be worked around with careful play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Tose
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
By the way, I noticed I'd missed off some text on Incatasi. The dragon was supposed to wait until a player had 3 attachments in play and then continue to attack them until he had stolen ALL attachments from them, not just one. I've updated the card now to reflect this, so he only returns to the staging area once a defending player has no attachments left!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply!

We really had a lot of fun playing. Did you play one-player during play-testing? I think that this scenario might actually get more difficult with more players as many of the Rhosgobel treacheries and shadows inflict damage on all players. As you'll have about double the treachery and shadow cards with two players, you accumulate damage on the heroes much faster.

By the way, we used Incatasi to remove "Caught in the Web". I don't know if that was supposed to be possible. With your new text on Incatasi, that will of course be more expensive (you loose all other attachments), but if you want to make this illegal, you might want to change the text to "attachments you control".

Anyway - great scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.