Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day guys,

Recently, I have received a number of emails asking about what is happening with Dawn: Rise of the Occulites. This is because, as you may have noticed, the updates for it have been a bit few and far between lately. I have previously mentioned that this is for a positive reason.

To put any rumours to bed that Dawn has gone into "The Long Dark" early, I'd like to reassure everyone that Dawn: Rise of the Occulites is in fact very much alive and well. The reason the updates have stopped is because we are currently in discussions with a publishing company about how the release of Dawn: Rise of the Occulites may take shape.

Thanks for all of your ongoing support. I will keep you all in the loop and will post more updates as soon as I have information I can share.

So stay tuned for all the exciting developments to come in the first game of the Rise of the Occulites series - 'Dawn'.

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In which case I hope that the discussions go well for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm (and I'm sure I'm not alone) hugely excited for you Ben!

I absolutely hope talks go well, and we can all look forward to the Dawning of this project. All the best - and can't wait to read more!

Cheers,

Giles.

(I think I managed to get as many 'I'ms' into the first sentence as is possible.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thymen
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So Ben... Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest Thymen!

The company we are in talks with really likes the game and the setting, but expressed a desire for an easier entry point into the game. So we are currently reworking the way the rules are laid out.

This is entirely to make the game more accessible to a wider audience. So we will have the Core rules that we recommend people start with. These are easy enough to pick up and play quickly, but still retain enough depth to keep it interesting. At this level, all tribes are generic. Some players may just prefer to stick with this for a while.

The Advanced rules then layer over the top of these, giving additional options within gameplay, different actions and dynamic genetic blueprints (including the option to customise your Tribe). These rules will also include the campaign rules to play out an entire Sungem Season, with your Tribe evolving new abilities over the course of the game depending on your decisions and which scenarios you play. Players will add these rules in when they are comfortable with the core mechanics (which are very easy to pick up).

There will also be a Tribe booklet that has all the rules for running the Tribes included in the game, as well as extra scenarios and scientific background information on those Tribes.

So, that is where we are at so far. Depending on how this all shapes up, the company will decide whether or not they would like to proceed or not.

Thanks again for the interest and if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If this is a game you'd like to see in print, please consider spreading the word and asking lots of questions.

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to follow this. Looks like something both that I would like to play as well as my wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone notice the Publisher details in the game description yet? whistle

...goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.