Popular Tags: [View All]
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
We'll kill you with kindness!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I was wondering: Will FFG release already existing stories in the Star Wars Universe as a Force Pack cycle, and if he should do so which stories would I prefer? And then I knew it: Sahdows of the Empire. The media project between Episode V and Episode VI would be a perfect choice: A great storie with the evil prince Xizor, hero Dash Rendar... I think it would be a nice choice!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Shadows_of_the_Empir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they start around EP4 then this will take a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Kyle Katarn stealing plans to the Death Star?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:
How about Kyle Katarn stealing plans to the Death Star?

That's a good idea too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it's a good mix of existing stories and other "could-have-been" stories, like the one mission I saw in the previews where you sneak back onto Yavin IV to get some sensitive data that was left behind.

And even though it's an unpopular opinion, I hope there's eventually a deluxe expansion starting in the prequel era so we can get some of those stories/missions as well. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
And even though it's an unpopular opinion, I hope there's eventually a deluxe expansion starting in the prequel era so we can get some of those stories/missions as well. ^_^
Not unpopular for me. I thought on it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
I hope it's a good mix of existing stories and other "could-have-been" stories, like the one mission I saw in the previews where you sneak back onto Yavin IV to get some sensitive data that was left behind.

I hope this happens too. I actually ENJOYED the prequels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too! I'd like to see some great prequel Jedi-centric guys. Darth Maul showing up in the encounter deck, and such!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Parkinson
Canada
Kitchener
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal favourite EU storyline was Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy introducing Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade the Noghri etc. (I wasn't such a big fan of Joruus C'boath but some may enjoy his Dark Jedi role also)

There's a ton of different possibilities for great gameplay here. Thrawn and the Noghri seem especially suited for this in my opinion - covering both strategic as well as brute force (no pun intended)

Wiki article for those who are interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_Trilogy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:

There's a great Star Wars Comic series of "What ifs. What if Luke had missed in the Death star run. What if Leia hadn't been saved and was turned to the dark side. The best one included... Good Darth Vader dressed in White. I'm also hoping for Forced Alliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.