Subject: If I like Merchants and Maurauders, I might also like ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Merchants and Maurauders is the game that has had the most success with most of the people that I've gamed with, Im curious to know of games that might incurr a similar reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how about the new kid in town?

Eclipse

It's smart, thematic, has economic elements (which you appear to enjoy), along with typical 4x stuff (exploration, combat, tech trees etc)

-E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game might appeal to the same group of gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
if you go to the merchant&marauders page here of BGG there is a series of links near the bottom, of similar games that you might like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom League. The combat is a bit wonky, but if you can get past that, the rest of the game is a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
exparrot wrote:
if you go to the merchant&marauders page here of BGG there is a series of links near the bottom, of similar games that you might like
The Recommendations section works for most games, but for M&M there's nothing listed in that section. It's just a blank bar tucked in between Blogs and Files.

jgilmour wrote:
Phantom League. The combat is a bit wonky, but if you can get past that, the rest of the game is a blast.
I got The Phantom League from my Secret Santa this year.

Haven't had the chance to actually play it yet, but just from reading through the rules a couple times it seems to have a very similar overall feel to it - almost like a "Merchants & Marauders in Space".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More like "Merchants and Marauders in space with extra special awesomness!"

Not that I have any stake in Woelf's enjoyment of it. :ninja:

I certainly don't check his played games log every few days. :devil:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.