Simon Kiertscher
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
Weltenbeherrscher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

sorry if already answered somewhere else. (Its not in the FAQ)
So can i activate unit A, which is adjacent to unit B, for firefight in hope, that unit C (which is not adjacent to B) force B to retreat, so that A is not longer adjacent to B and can shoot?
thanks for answering!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kiertscher wrote:
Hi all,

So can i activate unit A, which is adjacent to unit B, for firefight in hope, that unit C (which is not adjacent to B) force B to retreat, so that A is not longer adjacent to B and can shoot?
thanks for answering!

No. In order to order a unit with the Firefight card, they must be legal at the time orders are given. This is where turn order is important because all orders are given before any combat takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. You can only activate units not adjacent to enemy units, and they cannot close assault.

So in your example the unit could not be activated in the first place, since it was adjacent to an enemy unit.
ninja by ColtsFan76
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Kiertscher wrote:
Hi all,

thanks for answering!

No. In order to order a unit with the Firefight card, they must be legal at the time orders are given. This is where turn order is important because all orders are given before any combat takes place.

I agree with Brian. I typically utilize firefight whenever I have a sitaution of one unit in front of my enemy 2 hexes away and one unit behind my enemy 3 hexes away so that whenever I inevitably roll a flag I improve the second units range.

The units must be in range and must not be adjacent in order to qualify for firefight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if an enemy unit retreats to a space adjacent to one of your firefighting units? Can it then close assault?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
What if an enemy unit retreats to a space adjacent to one of your firefighting units? Can it then close assault?

From the FAQ: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/

Memoir '44 FAQ wrote:
Q. If a unit is ordered with Firefight, but the target unit is forced to retreat from a different attack and ends up
adjacent to the unit before it was able to attack, is the unit still allowed to attack since it was ordered before
they were adjacent?
A. No. A unit that is ordered using Firefight may never target an adjacent enemy unit. The player loses that
order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
jedimusic wrote:

From the FAQ: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/

Memoir '44 FAQ wrote:
Q. If a unit is ordered with Firefight, but the target unit is forced to retreat from a different attack and ends up
adjacent to the unit before it was able to attack, is the unit still allowed to attack since it was ordered before
they were adjacent?
A. No. A unit that is ordered using Firefight may never target an adjacent enemy unit. The player loses that
order.

It's always great to see people actually use the rules or FAQ to answer a question!! Great answer. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.