Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Things that are hints of game changes to come [Spoilers in spoiler boxes] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My game group and I have been looking at the instruction book and some of the text on revealed cards and noticing that they clearly hint at (spoil?) upcoming changes in the game.

These hints range from obvious (game set up rules are in rule replacement boxes) to curious (mention of yellow scars for faction cards) to obscure.

I'd like to create a list of these, from the point of view of people that have opened nothing yet. With some spoiler threads for future "hints" to be found.

Example:

Rulebook; pg 2. "Scar" definition:
Quote:
"A Faction card can only have one Scar (it will be yellow)"

Rulebook; pg 7. Before the First Turn section:
Quote:
All of the set-up rules are in replaceable rules boxes.

Rulebook; pg 8. Join the War rules:
Quote:
"Take HALF your starting troops and place them in a legal starting
territory. You do not get another HQ." (Rather than placing four troops)

World Capital packet title:
Quote:
"When the World Capital is about to be placed"
The image also shows that the World Capital is a 5 population city, which does not appear to have a designated area to initial the city, as major cities do.

Contents of Two Wins packet:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Mission card about controlling islands mentions "7+" islands when only seven start on the world map.

Contents of Three Missiles bin:
Mutant faction mentions Biohazard scars, which do not come into play in this bin.

Any others that people noticed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I think those are the big ones, but also:
the Do Not Open Ever pack mentions the Event Deck but doesn't come with instructions on how to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
I think those are the big ones, but also:
the Do Not Open Ever pack mentions the Event Deck but doesn't come with instructions on how to use it.

The rules for the event deck are in the rule book. Not really a spoiler, I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.