Subject: Oasis recovery question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,
Was wondering if someone could confirm this for me.
In Oasis recovery, is it ANY ordered infantry unit that can recover lost units? I assume the unit does NOT have to occupy the Oasis terrain hex.Many thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moxyoron wrote:
Hi All,
Was wondering if someone could confirm this for me.
In Oasis recovery, is it ANY ordered infantry unit that can recover lost units? I assume the unit does NOT have to occupy the Oasis terrain hex.Many thanks,

While the rules don't specifically state that you must be on an Oasis, the Oasis Recovery is listed as a subsection of the Oasis in the rules. We've always played that the unit had to be on the Oasis tile and never thought to play it otherwise. The only time the Oasis Recovery rule is used is when there is an Oasis present on the set-up.

Not a definitive answer, but that's how we see and play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you must be on it and no enemy units can be adjacent to you. The point of the oasis is that you have a little water, a little shade and can recovery a bit. You don't get that from the desert without an oasis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, I did think that was the way, but as you say, a little vague in the rules. Again, many thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.