Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Road to Canterbury» Forums » Rules

Subject: cubes on reckoner circle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving this game! Will do a review sometime soon...
I had 5 questions - 4 of which have been dealt with already.


But we have one question:

If I place sins on pilgrims and from this on the circle I have three different sins with cubes, can I play one of the same 3 sins again before having played all 7 sins?

We were playing you had to get to 7 before you could begin placing other sins on pilgrims. This worked very well to balance the game but now we're sure we have it wrong.

What we now think is 'sure you can play wrath again, but you don't get to place another cube on wrath until all 7 are done.'



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:


What we now think is 'sure you can play wrath again, but you don't get to place another cube on wrath until all 7 are done.'





This.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
SamNzed wrote:


What we now think is 'sure you can play wrath again, but you don't get to place another cube on wrath until all 7 are done.'





This.


Yes that's what we realised about 1 am this morning

what it does mean is that hand management is much easier and the need to pay 3coins to swap cards is a much less likely option- which is a shame I think.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
SamNzed wrote:


What we now think is 'sure you can play wrath again, but you don't get to place another cube on wrath until all 7 are done.'





This.


Yes that's what we realised about 1 am this morning

what it does mean is that hand management is much easier and the need to pay 3coins to swap cards is a much less likely option- which is a shame I think.


Yeah I don't think I've ever paid the 3 coins. I had assumed it was there as an option in case for example you only have pardons in your hand and none of the appropriate sins are available to pardon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep in the 4 games we've played it's happened 4 times and hand management has bee a real focus in early game with one or two players not getting the new cards concentrating on pardoning and relic. I'll change the play to match the official rules but I think we may return and house rule it as it provides more tension I think.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Hmmmm I might would try it like you guys were playing but then again isn't this just leaving even more up to luck deciding who gets the 20 coins for completing the wheel first?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:
Hmmmm I might would try it like you guys were playing but then again isn't this just leaving even more up to luck deciding who gets the 20 coins for completing the wheel first?


Well it means that you have to be adaptable. I won the last two games and both times didn't get first or second on the reckoner, the first time I didn't even get all 7.

The last game I was first player but set out to get all 7 first but got stuck with gluttony sins so switched strategies. Without playing it properly it seems to me more dynamic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.