T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you move ships into an opponent's hex and the opponent has no ships there (and doesn't move any ships there during the round) and you destroy all of opponent's population cubes (through neutron bombs or through rolling dice) then do you get to draw a reputation VP tile for having waged a battle, or does this not count as a battle?

The rules seem to suggest that it may not be a battle since you attack population "after" the battle, so you would not get any reputation VPs unless the opponent had ships present, but it seemed unclear so I wanted to check.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I did not see it in the FAQ or any of the threads I checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The slaughtering of the innocent masses on the planets does not earn you any kudos points to the universe No Repuation tiles drawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, destroying population does not count as a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gyros p
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the rulebook is written how many reputation tiles you can draw for the battles. Did you find anything about destroying population cubes in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Destroying pop isn't a battle. This has been answered before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a galaxy far, far, away? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
The slaughtering of the innocent masses on the planets does not earn you any kudos points to the universe No Repuation tiles drawn

Surly the whole point of war is the slaughter of civilians?
Gengis Khan believed that and he was by far the best conquerer in human history.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.