Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there or have there been done any scenarios created for the desert war at all for PB and/or Panzer Leader.

I take it the AIW could work/convert maybe as I think was a gamers suggestion from here a year or so back. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the PB/PL page at http://www.gregpanzerblitz.com. There might be some early desert scenarios there. At the least, there are some new counters for those years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Spartan magazine, a long long time ago, made some desert variants for Panzerblitz. They were pretty crude.

I have made two sets of Panzerblitz/Leader/AIW variants. One is called Desert Leader and focuses on the desert war of course, the other is Steppe Leader and focuses on Japanese vs. Russians (there's a Chinese vs. Soviet modern scenario too). About ten or a dozen new scenarios in each, some new counters to make up, minimal fooling around with the rules but you need to have all three games, depending on the scenario (Steppe Leader needs mjust Panzerblitz and Arab-Israeli Wars, Desert Leader needs Panzer Leader, Arab-Israeli Wars, and for some scenarios the Panzer LEader 1940 variant kit).

Both are here:
http://www.islandnet.com/~ltmurnau/text/gamescen.htm

Scroll down a bit.

I hope you enjoy them!

Brian Train
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your should check out The Imaginative Strategist. He has well fleshed out Desert Boards along with many regular PB/PL boards. The Desert Boards include remakes of the original AIW boards and a 4 board set for Tobruk. All together there are 35 boards for downloading. You can download them in bite-sized chunks for printing on letter size paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
Spartan magazine, a long long time ago, made some desert variants for Panzerblitz. They were pretty crude.

I have made two sets of Panzerblitz/Leader/AIW variants. One is called Desert Leader and focuses on the desert war of course, the other is Steppe Leader and focuses on Japanese vs. Russians (there's a Chinese vs. Soviet modern scenario too). About ten or a dozen new scenarios in each, some new counters to make up, minimal fooling around with the rules but you need to have all three games, depending on the scenario (Steppe Leader needs mjust Panzerblitz and Arab-Israeli Wars, Desert Leader needs Panzer Leader, Arab-Israeli Wars, and for some scenarios the Panzer LEader 1940 variant kit).

Both are here:
http://www.islandnet.com/~ltmurnau/text/gamescen.htm

Scroll down a bit.

I hope you enjoy them!

Brian Train

Hey this is great thanks Brian. Fantastic actually.
I'll be playing these thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plloyd1010 wrote:
Your should check out The Imaginative Strategist. He has well fleshed out Desert Boards along with many regular PB/PL boards. The Desert Boards include remakes of the original AIW boards and a 4 board set for Tobruk. All together there are 35 boards for downloading. You can download them in bite-sized chunks for printing on letter size paper.

Thanks Peter this is a full on site. Great stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Henderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug Swanson and Gilbert Garza have each created scenarios for the North African campaign. They are on the Panzerblitz/Panzer Leader/AIW page on Consimworld, in the header there.

They use the counters and maps found on the Imaginative Strategist.

Gregpanzerblitz.com includes TO&Es for the entire NA campaign through Alamein. Several of those OOBs could fairly easily be converted into scenarios as well.

Tom Williams has published "Reluctant Legions", which includes some NA scenarios to go with his Italian counters. These scenarios are on Pat Storto's PB/PL site (which includes Brian's scenarios--Pat will make the units for you if you order them from him). The site is here: https://www.msu.edu/user/storto/pbcounts.htm.

Additional desert maps can be ordered here: http://camelotgamestore.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=inde.... I picked these up and can vouch that they are high quality maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I should have mentioned Patrick Storto's magnificent counters. Definitely worth what he charges for them.

Thanks for all the other references too!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Plymale
United States
Huddleston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brian for the PL/PB/AIW work sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're very welcome Keith! It was a fun project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kochan
msg tools
mb
Hello...

There is a 'source' for Desert scenarios. And West Front, East Front or Asian scenarios. Full orders of battle, detailed maps and so on.

I use the computer game 'John Tillers Campaign Series'. Great stuff and a good starting point for scenario's. You can use them as is or make 'sub-scenario's' from them.

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.