Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The HMG's won't begin firing even if they aren't exposed without an order. The smaller MG's aren't tripod mounted so can fire along with everyone else when they enter a card exposed or not, must I give them a command to fire or will they do that on their own when a PDF is laid down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a quick search and could not find a rule that says the HMG would not fire (except if exposed). Note that there is no "open fire" command. Machine guns open fire just like everyone else. But maybe I overlooked something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - I have always played it that way which can be costly if they fire at something you don't want them to (ammo usage). I always keep my heavy MG's back until I am sure were I want to use them or can get them onto a good hill or into a 2nd floor with a good field of fire into several cards. Is there a rule that we missed somewhere?

Thamos von Nostria wrote:
I did a quick search and could not find a rule that says the HMG would not fire (except if exposed). Note that there is no "open fire" command. Machine guns open fire just like everyone else. But maybe I overlooked something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
The HMG's won't begin firing even if they aren't exposed without an order. The smaller MG's aren't tripod mounted so can fire along with everyone else when they enter a card exposed or not, must I give them a command to fire or will they do that on their own when a PDF is laid down?

HMGs will open fire just like every other S or A VOF unit. Only G! units require a command to fire. So like the other poster indicated be careful when ypu bing them up or else they could burn through their ammo on a less than ideal target.

Thanks
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can keep a MG team from firing the machinegun by converting it to a Fire Team. However, I've never been inclined to do that because converting it back to a MG team is not automatically successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rtaylor wrote:
You can keep a MG team from firing the machinegun by converting it to a Fire Team. However, I've never been inclined to do that because converting it back to a MG team is not automatically successful.

...and your reformed MG team is now green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:

...and your reformed MG team is now green.

If you just flip it, it goes back to its original experience. This has been discussed in other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you just flip it, it goes back to its original experience. This has been discussed in other threads.

Andreas is correct. Individual unit experience is not tracked dynamically throughout the mission. The MG Team will function as a Green step while on its Fire Team side. Additionally, if they end the mission on the Fire Team side, that step will be a Green step. However, if they rally back to their Weapon side during the mission, they will remain whatever exp level they were at mission start.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Additionally, if they end the mission on the Fire Team side, that step will be a Green step. However, if they rally back to their Weapon side during the mission, they will remain whatever exp level they were at mission start.

Does the same hold true for Rifle squads reconstituted in the mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this thread's drifted from the original topic. Nevertheless...

How I've played it: Experience Level is tied to the counter/piece, as long as it's on the map. If the piece is removed from the map, the experience level is gone.

A weapon team or HQ/Staff on it's fire team side is temporarily green, due to it's FT status, but it regains it's experience level if it flips back to it's front side (rallies). If the team is reduce to an LT or PT step, its experience level vanishes. If on their fire team side at the end of a mission (or between re-attempts), they automatically rally back to their normal side, regaining their original experience level.

A squad's experience level vanishes if it is reduced to LATs. If subsequently reconstituted, the squad is green (or line if reconstituted using two assault teams - 10.6). A squad reduced to a two-step squad still keeps its experience level, but if you supplement a two-step veteran squad with a green fire team, the experience level drops to Line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deleted my other post, Andrew, because I was wrong. Squads reconstituted during the mission will assume whatever experience level dictated by the LATs that comprise the new squad. I.e., if it is 2 fire teams, it'll be a reduced Green squad. Sorry for any confusion.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Ricky, I really appreciate all the help you've given us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.