Subject: Just a couple clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evin Weston
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've been boning up on the rules since I played my introductory game, and there's just 2 things I need a little confirmation on. Well, just 1 really, as I'm pretty sure I'm correct about the first:

1) You always use ARM to defend, correct? Unless explicitly stated in an ability or whatever (Dodge, etc). So a ranged physical attack would attack with DEX and the defender would still use ARM, and a ranged magic attack would use WILL and would defend with ARM as well. I'm pretty sure about this, just want to be positive.

2) Even though the game comes with 6/4/2 of various kobolds, the card for the warren says an individual warren can't spawn that many. I assume this means that if you're playing an 8bit game using the warren and the dragon thingy, you could only ever have, like, 1 priest active, right? Or, like, you couldn't have all 4 flingers out because a warren can only spawn a max of 2? In short my question I guess is I assume the "pool" is really referring to the numbers on the card for the individual spawners and not just "all them dang ol' minis you've got there." I can see keeping track of who came from where getting wicked complicated when you've got 3+ warrens active.

Thanks duderinos and duderinas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct, Vs Armor unless specified

2) For the 8 Bit game you get 2 spawn points, and the Kobold Warrens always come as a Pair - so they are your two spawn points.
As for the pool of miniatures, each spawn point contributes to the pool, so for 8 Bit you get:
1 Priest
2 Ironscales
2 flingers
3 Gougers
3 Knuckleheads.

Alternatively, you could use someones (sorry, cant recall your name off the top of my head) Stormknights custom cards for 'Half a warren' found [geekurl=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1194298/super-dungeon-explore]here[/geekurl]
They made up cards for the Kobold Altar and Kobold Barracks as an alternate for games with a certain number of players, then you could use one of the half warrens and the Egg Clutch.

And from that pool you choose miniatures to spawn each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evin Weston
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oh ho! I hadn't noticed that warrens come as a pair. That clears that up, and makes the potential confusion with a bunch of warrens not at all confusing.

I DID think it was weird that you only got enough kobold minis to play with half the spawners they give you. That those numbers are for 2 spawners makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
The logic of how many cards you get of each model took me a minute:

Warrens - 2 cards/4 warrens as each card is 2 warrens
Single Wound models - 1 card/X models; anything tracked takes a wound, so they're not tracked seperately
Multi Wound models - 1 card/model so you can track each model's effects on the card separately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSol wrote:

Single Wound models - 1 card/X models; anything tracked takes a wound, so they're not tracked seperately
Multi Wound models - 1 card/model so you can track each model's effects on the card separately

It took me a minute as well. In the end though, I found I had to track the effects and wounds by placing tokens on/near the models anyway, because I could not remember which models went with which copy of the matching card.

Anyone else find that too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Pelvidar wrote:
LunarSol wrote:

It took me a minute as well. In the end though, I found I had to track the effects and wounds by placing tokens on/near the models anyway, because I could not remember which models went with which copy of the matching card.

Anyone else find that too?

The warrens are a little tough, but for the multi-wound units I sleeved all my cards and put a little sticky note with a number in each, and a matching number on the base of the unit. 1-1 mapping, so no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.