Subject: Checking this one out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a great game and a genre that I love so i'm very interested in making a purchase.

one comment - looking at the cards, shouldn't 'Persuation' be 'PersuaSion'??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I have a knack for misspelling that word. But don't worry everything will be proofed before going to the printer. There is a LOT of proofing to do. This game has loads of text. The focus over the next weeks is transferring encounters to cards and writing the final encounters for the book. Then I will join the other already proofing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
Oh and thanks for pointing it out.

You're welcome - when do you think the final release date would be and what would be the cost (inc shipping to UK)?

And on a personal note, have you seen the Doctor Who Solitaire Story Game? I think you might like it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter says August.

Do you want us to point out spelling errors? (I've worked a lot as an editor and can't help but notice them. Unfortunately they stick out like a sore thumb to me)

Pierre should own a multi-national empire, not a muli-national one.

I bet Fedor has been with SMERSH since the 40's, not SPERSH.
Also, SMERSH existed solely for the hunting of spies, not soley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes sure you can point them out. I'd like to think we will catch them all when we do proofing but it helps to have others point them out.

At AFG someone pointed out "SPERSH" - what's the name of this game again? he asked. Too bad photshop doesn't have a spell check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And on a personal note, have you seen the Doctor Who Solitaire Story Game? I think you might like it...

Oh and yes I have seen the Dr. Who game. I have checked it out quite a bit over the past year .... also I am a huge Dr. Who Fan. Been watching Dr. Who since the 70s (Tom Baker).

I am a big storytelling fan but one thing I tend not to like are solo games. I think I like the dramatic exchange of conversation you get with live players. I also prefer the structure of a board game over rpg games. However, having said that I have looked at the Dr. Who game many times. It still interests me. When I get time again (creating this game has really added having a full time job to my current full time work) I may very well play it.

I am estimating August for a print of the game. It takes 2-3 months to print the game and then there is shipping time - possible customs delay. The final components to the base game will all be finished by the time Kickstarter funds transfer so I can start that process immediately. Hopefully. I would like to show up at Gencon with advance copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play a protoype copy of Agents of SMERSH at Atlanta Game Fest 19*. What follows is what I remember of the game play.

This is a cooperative game. Players take the role of UN operatives trying to thwart the activities of SMERSH, relying on a set of skills common to each player, set a varying levels, plus player unique special ability/abilities. Players are assigned two missions, which will send them to a a specific location. Enroute to the mission location, players have an encounter at the location where they end their turn. The encounter takes the form of a story narrative with varying levels of difficulty, which offers a set of options (and there were a lot of them) to select from in response to the story. The option selected by the player takes the story down another path to the resolution of the event, usually something bad happens to the player, or the player gets of reward that increases one or more skills or is ultimately related to the victory conditions, or nothing happens. Victory conditions, based on accumulating a variety of "things" become more difficult as the game progresses and also serve as the timing mechanism for the game, i.e., ultimately, the players can just lose the game, i.e., time runs out.

Of course, for optimal enjoyment, this game requries players to "immerse" themselves into the games storyline. While "story-telling games" scratch no particular itch for me, this one was rather entertaining. One player (Richard Launius) was a female seductress who, unseemlngly, tried to sleep her way to victory and another player had been "abducted by aliens." Early in the game he received a kind of 'curse' card whereby he had to roll a die each turn to see if he was "examined" by the aliens. That, of course, created an image that was played upon throughout the game and even found it way into a follow-on game of 7 Wonders.

Anyhow, since I didn't take notes, this is all I can remember (there is more to the play of the game than I have described). If the story-telling genre scratches an itch for you, then this game is worth looking into.

* one of the benefits of attending Atlanta Game Fests are the number of game designers who routinely attend

http://www.atlantagamefest.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David. I always enjoy playing games with you. And remember, I can ship direct to fedex for you to pick up. Haha!

OH,btw, for anyone interested - that Character that starts out Probed by Aliens is the Bonus Kickstarter Character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
Yes I have a knack for misspelling that word. But don't worry everything will be proofed before going to the printer. There is a LOT of proofing to do. This game has loads of text. The focus over the next weeks is transferring encounters to cards and writing the final encounters for the book. Then I will join the other already proofing.

Sorry Edward, I just sent you a private message about this before reading this thread. Please disregard. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.