Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you lose a combat and inflict minimum damage do all troops drop to 2 damage regardless of what their card lists (and summoned creatures to 1)? I ask because in the rule book is states "Normally," a troop's minimum damage in 2. In what case is it not?

Also, when inflicting minimum damage, all modifiers are ignored as well?

When inflicting maximum damage all modifiers and damage listed on cards are used correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

When it is minimum damage it is only 2 per unit and 1 per elemental as you stated - modifiers are ignored as well. Maximum damage would add modifiers.

I believe 'Normally' may be in there due to some future released spells (I really hope we see an expansion whistle).

In other words, there may be a spell somewhere down the road that says something like "+1 one damage per unit even when inflicting minimum damage" - that would be my guess at least. Similar to the fact that the Third Magic Step which in the base game has no current use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Just to clarify, you said two damage per unit. Did you mean 2 per troop? I say that because each card (other than summoned creatures and modifiers) in a unit is a troop. So it would be 2 damage per troop in the unit or just 2 damage for the whole unit?

Not trying to confuse things, just making sure I didn't miss something. My son and I played for the 1st time last night and we REALLY enjoyed it. I hope this game gets it planned expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that Paul - it is per Troop.

It's too bad the game is in flux right now - I hope we at least see the Fallen Shadow Expansion but there could be much more that would really add to the game.

I really hope someone picks this up cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Korie
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for playing the game Paul!

Just to clarify:
- Each Troop (card) has TWO damage values: the maximum damage (printed on the card) and the minimum damage that is fixed at 1 for summoned cratures and leaders and fixed at 2 for anything else
- There is spells and leaders abilities that add a bonus to the minimum damage, but not in the base box.

I hope someone will get the game too!!!!!

Ciao

Piero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.