5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Asha Greyjoy and own supporting units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manfred Makkaroni
Germany
flag msg tools
I apologize in advance if this question has already been covered elsewhere in the forum (but I haven´t found a thread yet dealing with this).

Is the special ability of Asha Greyjoy (2 swords, 1 tower) still activated when you are supporting yourself (or does the restriction apply when you are supported by other players as well as by yourself)

Card Text says "if YOU are not being supported" which sounds to me that you can support your own units without preventing the effect from being activated since "you" refers, imo, to the player himself and not only to the army attacking.

I am thankful for your thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I do agree that the 'you' refers to the player, but if you support yourself, you are being supported. So Asha Greyjoy's ability wouldn't trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carroll
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We had some discussion about this on an earlier thread from a different angle.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/746165/asha-greyjoy-and-supp...

My thoughts are that if the units are being supported by any player than you do not get the bonus. Although it does say in the rules that support is optional. So you could elect not to support your own units or refuse support from other players to get the bonus.

Have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If the attacking or defending player has friendly Support Orders in adjacent areas, he may support himself in the combat (and usually will do so).

So yes, if your units give support you are supported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.