Wouter Schoutteten
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hey all,
I'm realy enjoying my first (loooong)Hellenes game, but I got some questions from time to time. I've checked the updated rulebook and the FAQ on BGG.

For example, can there be multiple 'Tax Raised' cards in play at the same time? (now, my girlfriend got Pericles +1, and two +1 Tax Raised cards in front of her, giving her +3 actions when playing actions)
I think revolts are the key to a spartan victory, but I doesn't seems like I, the spartan player, can take much advance out of these two cards in play (by playing spreading revolts).

Secondo: If a boat moves out of a CITY (not a port) in a coastal province to the sea, does this counts already as one step in their movement? And do they have to stop upon entering the first water'hex'?

Cheers
DW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DubWarrior87 wrote:
Hey all,
I'm realy enjoying my first (loooong)Hellenes game, but I got some questions from time to time. I've checked the updated rulebook and the FAQ on BGG.

For example, can there be multiple 'Tax Raised' cards in play at the same time? (now, my girlfriend got Pericles +1, and two +1 Tax Raised cards in front of her, giving her +3 actions when playing actions)
I think revolts are the key to a spartan victory, but I doesn't seems like I, the spartan player, can take much advance out of these two cards in play (by playing spreading revolts).

Secondo: If a boat moves out of a CITY (not a port) in a coastal province to the sea, does this counts already as one step in their movement? And do they have to stop upon entering the first water'hex'?

Cheers
DW

Hi,

1. If your girlfriend has 2 Athens Raises Taxes cards out, with the right Revolt card you can play a devastating multiple Revolt. At best you could put 3 revolt garrisons in Byzantium(3), Abydos (2) and Ephesus (3).
One out of every 4 cards is a Revolt card, so the chances are pretty good you will have 2 Revolt cards in your hand. 2 Revolt cards could generate Revolts in 6 different Cities (totaling 13 points) in a single year.

Hard to imagine Athens squashing them all before Winter, especially if they are played late in the year. Even after losing a couple, this should yield a hefty (maybe even winning) Prestige gain for the year.

OTOH, if you have no Revolt cards or a poor one, your girlfriend may get away with her high Taxes this time. It's a risk, though. Once 1 Revolt is in existence, Spreading Revolts come into play, multiplying the risk.

2. Correctly answered above.

Best, Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.