Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am USSR, and I play UN Intervention, while attaching the USA's NATO card to it. I know I get the 4 point for ops however because NATO has an astricks does this mean the USSR actually gets to place NATO in the remove from play discard area or does NATO go to the normal discard deck to be re-filtered into the deck later on.

We are playing now so any quick answers are very apreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brooklynknight wrote:
I am USSR, and I play UN Intervention, while attaching the USA's NATO card to it. I know I get the 4 point for ops however because NATO has an astricks does this mean the USSR actually gets to place NATO in the remove from play discard area or does NATO go to the normal discard deck to be re-filtered into the deck later on.

We are playing now so any quick answers are very apreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Nope. If the event doesn't occur, it's not removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nato goes to normal discards- the event didn't happen because the UN intervened!

I wouldn't bothe using UN on NATO btw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What came to my mind when I read "Subject: Question about UN Intervention and NATO"?

"Can UN Intervention really stop NATO ?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response however it's a tad late not to have used nato with it..... This is our 2nd game and to be honest I am still trying to figure this game out

Curious why you would not have used it as I used it as my opening hand after headline to use the 4 operation points to take control of iran cause I have both Asia and middle eastern scoring cards... was this a amature move//

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He means that NATO is not a significant enough event to bother using UN intervention for. Also, if it was your opening move, then NATO couldn't have happened anyway, since it requires either Marshall Plan or Warsaw Pact to have occurred. So it's not that playing NATO was a bad move, but that using UN intervention was unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couping Iran with 4OPs on Soviet action round 1 is not an amateur move. Using NATO to do it is also not an amateur move.

Using UN intervention to prevent NATO from happening... lets just say that there much harsher events out there that you should hold UN for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a broader point here which is that you want your opponent's starred events to happen, so they leave the deck (there are a few rare exceptions which are sufficiently painful to be worth postponing and of course this doesn't apply as much in the final turns). That increases the chances of drawing your own events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.