Subject: I love the way kids think rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Hopefully moving back to Colorado again soon. Here we go family, next new adventure!
mbmbmbmb
We were at Cabellas earlier this week, looking at the dead/stuffed animals. Makai (our 4 year old) asked if they were real and my wife explained that someone had shot them, probably ate the meat, and then stuffed them to make them look alive again. We turned the corner and saw a wax figure of a hunter near some animals. Makai asked: Is he stuffed too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was 19 years old, a college friend who had a small child asked me if I would be a volunteer for her kid's daycare trip to the zoo. I wasn't doing anything that summer, so I agreed.
I was paired up with two little 2 year old girls. When we got to the zoo, I had one attached to a finger on each of my hands and I tried to guide them along to see the big cats, and the monkeys, etc.
All that they wanted to do was splash in a shallow puddle. Reasoning with a child that age is useless, so I joined them and we splashed for a good five minutes.
Then a little bobcat went by. Not the animal, the construction vehicle. They stared and pointed at it. Not at the flamingos or the elephants.

It was the best trip to any zoo that I have ever had. On the bus trip back to the daycare, they both fell asleep on my lap. I was a complete stranger to them that morning, but we had bonded over just five or six hours.

That's when I knew that I wanted to have kids.

(I'm the proud papa of a 22 year old girl these days)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
We were at Cabellas earlier this week, looking at the dead/stuffed animals. Makai (our 4 year old) asked if they were real and my wife explained that someone had shot them, probably ate the meat, and then stuffed them to make them look alive again. We turned the corner and saw a wax figure of a hunter near some animals. Makai asked: Is he stuffed too?

So, was he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I volunteer by serving lunch at my son's old elementary school. You want to know what kids think - go to an elementary school and just take it all in. Kids are wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jeRm! wrote:
We were at Cabellas earlier this week, looking at the dead/stuffed animals. Makai (our 4 year old) asked if they were real

Nope! Chuck Testa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
When I was 19 years old, a college friend who had a small child asked me if I would be a volunteer for her kid's daycare trip to the zoo. I wasn't doing anything that summer, so I agreed.
I was paired up with two little 2 year old girls. When we got to the zoo, I had one attached to a finger on each of my hands and I tried to guide them along to see the big cats, and the monkeys, etc.
All that they wanted to do was splash in a shallow puddle. Reasoning with a child that age is useless, so I joined them and we splashed for a good five minutes.
Then a little bobcat went by. Not the animal, the construction vehicle. They stared and pointed at it. Not at the flamingos or the elephants.

It was the best trip to any zoo that I have ever had. On the bus trip back to the daycare, they both fell asleep on my lap. I was a complete stranger to them that morning, but we had bonded over just five or six hours.

That's when I knew that I wanted to have kids.

(I'm the proud papa of a 22 year old girl these days)

Dawww...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I volunteer by serving lunch at my son's old elementary school. You want to know what kids think - go to an elementary school and just take it all in. Kids are wonderful.

Yeah, I've got a different memory of elementary school. Kids can be complete fucking monsters when they want to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Yeah, I've got a different memory of elementary school. Kids can be complete fucking monsters when they want to be.

People can be monsters. Age doesn't change it much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So we're in agreement, kids aren't universally wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Hopefully moving back to Colorado again soon. Here we go family, next new adventure!
mbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
So we're in agreement, kids aren't universally wonderful.

I have been a substitute teacher from K through 8th grade and you are entirely correct. Having your own kids though brings moments of comic genius and moments of learning incredible self control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.