Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Play? Well, I think so. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Orientalist
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I have just received a brand new copy of Siege of the Citadel and I am in awe. This games looks absolutely AMAZING! On par with ANY Games Workshop 40K games of that time. If you love 40K, you will love Siege of the Citadel.

Anyway, last night I was trying to learn the rules (which are very easy!) and also played the trial setup scenario AND the first scenario in the Mission book.

Is it just me or can this game be played solo very easily?

All you have to do is choose one side and play that side "blindly", so to speak. You never look at the cards in your hands or the ones you put on the boards. This way you will never know what cards are there.

I don't know, I am playing this solo at the moment and I am having a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You certainly can play it solo as is. But its alot like playing any 2 player opposed game against yourself.

I have an idea for some easy solo rules for it. But need to sit down and have a look at everything again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Orientalist
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please sit down and have a look at everything again!

You have no idea how thankfully this community will be to you if you come up with some solo rules for this amazing game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing through a solo campaign for kicks. For the Dark Legion side, I always move characters toward the weakest DT that they are close to, and attack the Doom Troopers as many times as possible each turn. It doesn't require a complicated AI; the mass of enemies on most of the missions provides a strong enough challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
True. But its still you-vs-you. Which isnt solo play.

I have the skeleton of a systen set up. Its fairly basic right now as I havent had time to really grind through the game again yet to ponder options.

The baser idea is to have priorities when the Legion forces are placed on the board. Melee strong units up close and range strong units back away.

IE: A batch of Legionaire and Necromutants is run into. Place the Necromutants close in and back the Legionaires off so they can pick at range.

But more likely I see it needing to be bases off actual strength since the type of die used is a factor.

Or if a player wants a little uncertainty in there, or the enemy type is near 50-50 melee or range, then roll a dice to determine if near or far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody get anywhere with this? I was thinking about playing cooperatively, without a dark legion player.

thanks
andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had the time I would work on a card-driven version as in Gears of War. It is fairly easy to play both sides though (the enemy & event cards keep the fog of war up through the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.