Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble figuring out how to use this card(Born Aloft)...what exactly is it good for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a couple ideas -

You can put it on Gandalf to get another use out of him. You can put it on Descendent of Thorondor to pull him out of play to damage enemies in the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
A way for tactics to reuse allies, or to trigger on-leave-play effects, or if an ally would be discarded at the end of a turn or phase, can use it to bring it back to your hand instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://lotrlcg.com/cardFocus.php?Title=Born%20Aloft

..What others said..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...

This one even shows a suggestion on use at the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
This card has few uses at this time.. Galdalf and Descendent are there of course, but there are few others, and the ones that are there are pretty lame. Like pulling eagles out of play to buff Eagles of the Misty Mountains, readying all rohan allies etc etc for example.

The thing to remember is that there is no stack in this game. So you can not born aloft after a character takes dmg to save it. The rohan discard cards need to be discarded to activate, there is only a few "leaves play" cards.

All in all I think this is a weak card and should probably not be in your deck in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The rules aren't definitive, but it also seems to be a way of healing Allies that are wounded (not killed) by returning them to your hand. For example, if Brok Ironfist has 3 Damage and you return him to your hand, when you bring him out again his damage is healed.

It's also a useful "free" antidote to the When Revealed effect of Swarming Insects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris. I hadn't thought of that. Well worth it if you can pull it off!

What a pity you can't use it on heroes to get rid of their damage! (but then... how much would a hero cost to put it back into play??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
Chris. I hadn't thought of that. Well worth it if you can pull it off!

What a pity you can't use it on heroes to get rid of their damage! (but then... how much would a hero cost to put it back into play??)

It costs 5 with either Fortune or Fate or Landroval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And let us not forget the Beorn Aloft combo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use born aloft to save that eagle dude that has four defense, but has to be forced to leave play (unless youpay a resource)if you use him fas a defender? In other words, can you zip in with born aloft inbetween the eagle being used for defense, and being forced to leave play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
Can you use born aloft to save that eagle dude that has four defense, but has to be forced to leave play (unless youpay a resource)if you use him fas a defender? In other words, can you zip in with born aloft inbetween the eagle being used for defense, and being forced to leave play?

No. This was discussed at length in another thread. Nate may have answered it too. Winged Guardian leaving play after defending is a forced effect. There is no action window between the attack resolving and Winged Guardian leaving play when you would be able to use Born Aloft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
you can not use born aloft to save an ally that is blocking either. If you BA a ally, then the attack is undefended, if you put dmg on a ally and it kills it, then there is no time to BA it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Schlüter
Germany
Stuttgart
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mh, how about re-triggering the Enter-Play-Responses of allies (like e.g. Orcslayer, Son or Arnor or that miner that allows you to discard a condition)? In Gandalfs case it's obvious, but I'm sure there must be additional worthwile possibilities (not too far into the expansions yet). Plus it alliws you to actively trigger some responses out there (that would otherwise require you to have an ally killed, except of course in Gandalf's case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.