Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I just finished and uploaded my first home made map. This is programmer art... sorry . In the PDF you will find the map and on the last page the specific rules for that map. I have not play tested it so feel free to send me feedback and comment about the map.

The file can be downloaded here

Enjoy!
Nicolas

EDIT: added the link to the file
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the upload hasn't been validated yet? Sounds pretty cool nevertheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hexabit wrote:
I just finished and uploaded my first home made map...

So you beat me to this one I look forward to look at the map and rules and to compare ideas. Hope the upload gets cleared soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WE NEED THAT SCENARIO NICOLAS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry... The file is still in the queue It is the first time that it takes so long to accept my file. Sometime we need to be patient!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
hexabit wrote:
Sorry... The file is still in the queue It is the first time that it takes so long to accept my file. Sometime we need to be patient!

There is currently a renewed request for more file minions (BGG looking for volunteer file minions page 7 I think), so the issue is known and people are recruited right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got hold of your scenario! Like what you've done with it. A few comments:

- Isn't the deck gun supposed to be fired through the roof? In which case making it unable to be aimed at the first floor would be interesting I think. And it would make up for the fact that its ladder can now be used to rescue victims.

- This place looks really cramped! I like it, but aren't you afraid that the collapse of the building would be an even greater threat? Mind you, I know nothing about building integrity and stuff, but that could correspond nicely to a 2-story house.

- Could you clarify a little the use the ladder? Specifically, can it be used to extract a victim if the firefighter isn't right above the fire engine? For example, say the fire engine is on Red 2-3, and my firefighter is with a victim in 1-1. Can said firefighter break the wall next to him and use the ladder, even though it's not exactly above the engine?

- More things about the ladder: the AP cost corresponds to moving to the adjacent space outside the building once the wall has been destroyed, right? And I suppose the victim (if any) still has to be brought to the ambulance to be saved?

I really like the idea! Have you playtested it yet?

(You should probably edit your first post to put a link to the file )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I'm happy to receive comments... Here my answers:

Bob Moron wrote:
- Isn't the deck gun supposed to be fired through the roof? In which case making it unable to be aimed at the first floor would be interesting I think. And it would make up for the fact that its ladder can now be used to rescue victims.

In my scenario the deck gun could be used through the window on the first floor (maybe it is not realistic ). I chose to let the deck gun be used on the first floor because I added the 3D explosion and I think it could balance the scenario.

But your idea it worth testing and easy to implement... Add 4 to the 8 sided dice when shooting with the deck gun if the value is between 1 and 4, then resolve normally to be in a valid sector corresponding to the fire engine position.

Bob Moron wrote:
- This place looks really cramped! I like it, but aren't you afraid that the collapse of the building would be an even greater threat? Mind you, I know nothing about building integrity and stuff, but that could correspond nicely to a 2-story house.

The problem is that in real house there is support walls to keep the structure standing and "utility" wall that only serve to divide the house. The utility walls can all be removed without any structural damage. But if the support walls are damaged, the building collapse. The problem here is that I don't want the rules to be too complicated. Keep it simple.

Maybe we can remove some walls or put light wall (as in the high rise building scenario) to reduce the possibility that the house collapse. Light wall only need one damage to be destroyed, so it reduce the number of damage cubes used.

Bob Moron wrote:
- Could you clarify a little the use the ladder? Specifically, can it be used to extract a victim if the firefighter isn't right above the fire engine? For example, say the fire engine is on Red 2-3, and my firefighter is with a victim in 1-1. Can said firefighter break the wall next to him and use the ladder, even though it's not exactly above the engine?

The ladder is used in the same way as in the high rise building scenario. For those who don't have the urban structures expansion maybe I could make my rule more clear:

The ladder have access to the whole wall. For example, if the fire engine is in 2-3 it can reach the any square on the wall that have the coordinate 5 on the 8 sided dice. So our engine in 2-0 3-0 can reach 1-5, 2-5, 3-5, 4-5, 5-5, 6-5. It is the same way for the four side of the house. If the victim is in 1-1, the ladder is no use because you are on the first floor. But if the victim is on 1-5 it can be reached if you destroy the wall first.

Bob Moron wrote:
- More things about the ladder: the AP cost corresponds to moving to the adjacent space outside the building once the wall has been destroyed, right? And I suppose the victim (if any) still has to be brought to the ambulance to be saved?

No the ladder is connect to the fire engine. So if you use it, you finish your move on the fire engine. To continue the example, if your victim is in 1-5, the adjacent space using the ladder is either 2-0 or 3-0 since the engine is in 2-3. And then you need to bring your victim to the ambulance as usual for the advanced rules. (for the family rules, just bringing a victim out is good.)

FOr the family rules, there is no fire engine, so play as a ladder is accessible from every fire engine parking. Use the AP of the ladder when entering/exiting walls for the second floor.

Bob Moron wrote:
I really like the idea! Have you playtested it yet?

Thanks for taking time to analyse my idea and thanks for the good words. It is my first experience as an "game/expansion" design. I didn't have time to playtest it yet . I hope I'll have some time in the weekend. But I'm also looking for comments from other gamers.

Thanks again and have a nice (gaming) day
Nicolas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webster
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the layout printed, put together and ready to play. Looks great. I'll give an update after completing a scenario. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.