Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Traveling to London this week rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I will be in London all week starting Sunday for work (first time there ) and was hoping to be able to find and drop by any good games stores in the area. I will be staying pretty much at the heart of the city, between B. Palace and tower bridge. Anywhere close would be great but I can also take the tube anywhere as well. I will be there all week so hoping to have time to go and check em out!

Regards,

Carlos
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The main shops in London (in order of preference for a visit) are;

Leisure Games which has a very good stock, but is a 30 minute tube ride away. Expect to pay about RRP though there's a good stock available.
http://www.leisuregames.com/

Orc's Nest is very central, has a decent enough selection, but is a bit pricey. It's also more for miniature painters as half the shop is dedicated to them. Expect to pay RRP or even slightly more.
http://www.orcsnest.com/

And for general geekiness and a few games (down in the giant basement in the far corner), check out Forbidden Planet which is also pretty pricey.
http://forbiddenplanet.com

If you're just looking to buy lots of games cheaply, check out the internet based www.BoardGameGuru.co.uk which is where I buy about 80% of my games.

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here.

Hope y'all have a lovely time now
(that's all the Georgian I know).
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here

They have a website now, do they? Interesting. Anyway, +1 to that.

sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:
Hope y'all have a lovely time now(that's all the Georgian I know).

Try this:
Y'all have fun now, y'hear?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crobledo wrote:
Hi all,

I will be in London all week starting Sunday for work (first time there ) and was hoping to be able to find and drop by any good games stores in the area. I will be staying pretty much at the heart of the city, between B. Palace and tower bridge. Anywhere close would be great but I can also take the tube anywhere as well. I will be there all week so hoping to have time to go and check em out!

Regards,

Carlos
You will find that games are much cheaper in Atlanta ...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also Village Games in Camden (which is incredibly small, but packed) and Compedium in Greenwich. Neither is worth a special trip for, but if you happen to be in either place for another reason then they are there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here

They have a website now, do they? Interesting.


The action is still on the meetup site, but the website helps drive traffic there as it shows up better in google.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
There are also Village Games in Camden (which is incredibly small, but packed) and Compedium in Greenwich. Neither is worth a special trip for, but if you happen to be in either place for another reason then they are there.


I think Compendia has slightly increased its stock of Euros recently, but it's still mainly a traditional games store - carrom, Go boards, backgammon sets etc. It's a nice, friendly shop, and the market it's located in, and Greenwich in general, are lovely places to visit if you have a spare day.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will hopefully try to make it to London on Board tonight, work allowing me getting on the road early enough. Even if I'm a bit late, I'd like to at least say hi.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
BigCat97 wrote:
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here

They have a website now, do they? Interesting.


The action is still on the meetup site, but the website helps drive traffic there as it shows up better in google.

Ah ok, thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.