Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I will be in London all week starting Sunday for work (first time there ) and was hoping to be able to find and drop by any good games stores in the area. I will be staying pretty much at the heart of the city, between B. Palace and tower bridge. Anywhere close would be great but I can also take the tube anywhere as well. I will be there all week so hoping to have time to go and check em out!

Regards,

Carlos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main shops in London (in order of preference for a visit) are;

Leisure Games which has a very good stock, but is a 30 minute tube ride away. Expect to pay about RRP though there's a good stock available.
http://www.leisuregames.com/

Orc's Nest is very central, has a decent enough selection, but is a bit pricey. It's also more for miniature painters as half the shop is dedicated to them. Expect to pay RRP or even slightly more.
http://www.orcsnest.com/

And for general geekiness and a few games (down in the giant basement in the far corner), check out Forbidden Planet which is also pretty pricey.
http://forbiddenplanet.com

If you're just looking to buy lots of games cheaply, check out the internet based www.BoardGameGuru.co.uk which is where I buy about 80% of my games.

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here.

Hope y'all have a lovely time now
(that's all the Georgian I know).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here

They have a website now, do they? Interesting. Anyway, +1 to that.

Hope y'all have a lovely time now(that's all the Georgian I know).

Try this:
Y'all have fun now, y'hear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
crobledo wrote:
Hi all,

I will be in London all week starting Sunday for work (first time there ) and was hoping to be able to find and drop by any good games stores in the area. I will be staying pretty much at the heart of the city, between B. Palace and tower bridge. Anywhere close would be great but I can also take the tube anywhere as well. I will be there all week so hoping to have time to go and check em out!

Regards,

Carlos
You will find that games are much cheaper in Atlanta ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also Village Games in Camden (which is incredibly small, but packed) and Compedium in Greenwich. Neither is worth a special trip for, but if you happen to be in either place for another reason then they are there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
BigCat97 wrote:

You're also pretty close to www.LondonOnBoard.co.uk if you fancy actually playing some of your games while you're over here

They have a website now, do they? Interesting.

The action is still on the meetup site, but the website helps drive traffic there as it shows up better in google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
There are also Village Games in Camden (which is incredibly small, but packed) and Compedium in Greenwich. Neither is worth a special trip for, but if you happen to be in either place for another reason then they are there.

I think Compendia has slightly increased its stock of Euros recently, but it's still mainly a traditional games store - carrom, Go boards, backgammon sets etc. It's a nice, friendly shop, and the market it's located in, and Greenwich in general, are lovely places to visit if you have a spare day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will hopefully try to make it to London on Board tonight, work allowing me getting on the road early enough. Even if I'm a bit late, I'd like to at least say hi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
BigCat97 wrote:

They have a website now, do they? Interesting.

The action is still on the meetup site, but the website helps drive traffic there as it shows up better in google.

Ah ok, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.