Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if two lock puzzles are in play simultaneously? For example 4A & 6A. Theoretically, the required combination parts for 6A might be in play in the other puzzle. Are players supposed to manage this somehow?

Similarly, the wiring puzzles could have this problem. I think the rune puzzles are discrete puzzles, so there is no overlap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the pool of lock tiles large enough that there will be some extra ones left over? If you need a new tile, use the action that lets you draw a new one. If you know the game well enough to know that the tile(s) you need are on the other puzzle, then someone will have to start using the swapout move on the other puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a scenario that uses more than one type of a puzzle? I haven't encountered one yet, but I haven't played all the scenarios yet either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
Is there a scenario that uses more than one type of a puzzle? I haven't encountered one yet, but I haven't played all the scenarios yet either.

I don't believe there is, actually, but I haven't gone through everything, either. Wouldn't worry about it. If something wierd happened, just rule on it, as the keeper, and probably favoring the investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Grattan
Australia
Penshurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Scenario 1: Suitcase, Padlocked Door
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Johnson
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
There are multiple instances of this situation, actually. Particularly when the expansions are utilized.

There are enough "leftover" pieces to have two locks going simultaneously, but I feel this is wildly unfair. Not only would you be limiting the available pieces for the second puzzle, but even more dangerously preventing a key piece from entering the puzzle altogether.

Our solution was to take a photo and reassemble when necessary. On the face of it, as keeper, I was quite concerned this would slow down gameplay substantially...but it did not. We only had to disassemble once before the second puzzle was solved by the investigators
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not intimately familiar with the puzzle pieces, but the puzzles seem broad enough that there is never a one piece that is necessary for its completion. Is this wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j0frenzy wrote:
I'm not intimately familiar with the puzzle pieces, but the puzzles seem broad enough that there is never a one piece that is necessary for its completion. Is this wrong?

6A requires some very particular pieces, such as a red symbol followed by a green symbol in a clockwise direction. There are 15-20 counters, so I havn't checked, but let's say there are 4 such counters with that combination.

Puzzle 4A requires 6 counters, so there is a chance that all 4 bits required for 6A are in play on Puzzle 4A. Ergo, 6A is unsolvable. There is a much higher chance that having two Lock puzzles in play at the same time will make both puzzles harder to solve because of the pieces in play on the other puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.