Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got confirmation that GameStorm is allowing me to host a tournament in Manoeuvre and that GMT is going to be helping out. The tournament will start at 9:00am Friday, March 23rd and is scheduled for eight hours, more than enough for an eight-player single elimination tournament.

Assistance and prizes will be provided by GMT.

This is the first time I have run a boardgame tournament and I'm rather pumped at the prospect.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, let me know if I can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two ways I can think of. One is to publicize the event on the GMT Games and Manoeuvre websites -- make sure people know about it, especially since it starts early in the morning.

The other is if I can figure out some sort of poster to display the day before at the convention or drop off at a couple of the local FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if it wasn't on the otherside of the country... Let us know how it goes, and if people like it, tell me to p500 the expansion for Manoeuvre. We need to get that into productioncool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you posted anything in Consimworld.com?. GMT has a big presence there.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@44.OCFbcpbA825.2@.1dd12a...
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@44.OCFbcpbA825.78@.1dcfd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. the notices have been posted thanks to my good and noble friends at the Department of Redundancy Department.

Preregistration for events won't start until the middle of next month so I I don't know yet who we will get.

I set aside eight hours for the tournament. If we get our full compliment of eight that will give us plenty of room for all three rounds. I also asked for an extra table. Of course, there is also the possibility (which I doubt will happen, but one can hope) of overflow of participants. The tournament is set up for eight, but ideally I would be able to accommodate more if I have to (though how is a good question). I selected eight because one copy of the game can support four simultaneous contests (all that would have to be provided from outside is extra dice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael-

Would you like to have prototype copies of the new expansion armies for the tournament?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
Michael-

Would you like to have prototype copies of the new expansion armies for the tournament?

You know, that's a good question and one probably best discussed privately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Jeff Horger wrote:
Michael-

You know, that's a good question and one probably best discussed privately.

Whatever you want. But the idea is to make it known to people to help draw interest. But by all means send me a geek message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much does it typically cost to print a set of cards in such a way that they're usable in play? My printer doesn't do color duplex (or indeed duplex at all, but I don't know for sure how to make cards and counters. This is what has stopped me from buying very many Print-Them-Yourself wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Kinkos for prototypes. It costs about $4 per set of cards on 110# stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An update: the tournament has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 24th, at noon. This was done by trading time slots with the Napoleonic Wars game I will also be running.

Signup for the tournament is scheduled to being this coming Monday, February 20th, and will continue up until the start of the convention.

Looking forward to seeing good participation. There are eight slots, so the sooner you sign up the sooner you will know you're in the tournament.

Prizes will be provided by GMT Games and Wargame Memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here is the link to sign up!

Reserve your spot now, and good luck to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-signups are now closed.

We have three people currently signed up for the tournament. I am set up for eight. So five more people can sign up for the tournament at the convention up until the start of the event at noon Saturday.

Remember you can win stuff! GMT Games and Wargame Memories have provided some great prizes. Even if you don't already own a copy of Manoeuvre you can win one. Wargame Memories' prize is also very nice and will go to the grand prize winner.

So next week is the time to take the field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.