Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that humans has some advantages the aliens does not have, but I was wondering if it was balanced to a have game where you mix up aliens an humans together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are competitive. Aliens are strong in one direction where humans are balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crochet
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It seems to me to be fairly balanced. Don't forget that the humans also have the best home system. (and the 2:1 trade is pretty useful IMO)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohai wrote:
It seems to me to be fairly balanced. Don't forget that the humans also have the best home system. (and the 2:1 trade is pretty useful IMO)

Humans also benefit from an additional Ambassador slot and the ability to move three ships per action instead of two.

The Human advantages are not very apparent because of how the rulebook is written, but if you think of 3:1 trading and 2 moves per action as the "baseline" then it is pretty clear where humans are advantaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eike Hanus
Germany
Büttelborn
flag msg tools
GAMES!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As already mentioned the humans in this game have the strength of adaptation. They can react much more flexibly to changing situations and to certain limitations. Thus it is much harder to disrupt their plans which can be much easier for many alien races. So far they were pretty evenly matched among the available races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider Terrans one of the best races out there. Trade 2:1 and movement 3 are both wonderful abilities. But of course if you play very peacefully and don't use the movement bonus at all, then you'd probably do better with some other race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely balanced. Terrans are very good and their adaptability makes them fairly easy to play. Experienced players might be able to perform better with aliens, but that requires playing their strengths and weaknesses right.

One thing that I've said before and will say again is, don't play with aliens before every player has played at least 1-2 games (preferably with 3-4 players) with everyone playing Terrans! You might end up with confusing and unrewarding experience for some players and hider their learning of the game. Eclipse basics are deceptively easy to grasp, but the game takes a lot more to master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
Balenced.
2->1 trade
Movement of 3 ships
and a better homeworld.
Make humans 1 of 7, competative races.

Some of my posts on races deliberately compare them (better/worse) than humans in various conditions. Humans are a baseline for comparission of setup choice, because you always have that option. as 2nd+ player to choose you might not be able to choose some other race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.